PDA

View Full Version : What product is equivalent to Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer?

Valuablez
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Hello,
I am new to this forum and to detailing. I have been going and reading this forum and trying to learn the things the experts do for detailing cars. After reading, I have decided to get the Flex 3401, Makita 9227c, and some products. I am having problems deciding on which products to purchase. I thought I was going to get the Wolfgang line of products untill I read some postings regarding the Meguiar's line. Here's what I was going to purchase, Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0, and Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer. After reading I think I wanna try Meguiars Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra-Cut Compound, Meguiars Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish, and I'm not sure what Meguiars product is equivalent to Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer. So my question is what Meguiars product is equivalent to Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer?
I have two vehicles, one is brand new and the other is a 2006 that I'm going to be working on. The 2006 is in need of some paint corrections. On the 2006 I assume I will be using the Meguiar's M105, M205, and sealant topped off with a wax. Now on the 2010 vehicle I assume I will not need the m105 and m205, I assume I will need a non abrasive paint cleaner like the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer to strip all the wax that the dealership put on it before sealing and waxing it myself. So does anybody know what product is equivalent to the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer?
The reason I am asking is that I have found 8oz sampler here on AG and would like to start out with the Meguiars line then if I don't like the Meguiars line I would be trying the Wolfgang line of products. Sorry if this sounds long winded but guess I'm a little excited to get started as my polishers are on the way and now i just need to order the products to use with them.

Thanks in advance to all that will reply.
Valuablez.....

ScottB
04-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Paintwork enhancer is essentially a paint cleanser and prepping agent. You could use Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion, P21S GEPC, and Dodo Wax makes one and Megs does too. Best part they are all interchangable so experiment on the only you like best.

Valuablez
04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. What's the name of the Meguiars product that is equivalent?
Thanks

tortugazoom
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Valublez,

Meg's makes a product called, "Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner." (http://meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+A3016) I used it a long time ago and applied by hand. It seemed to work well.

I've also used Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpainclean.html) applied with a Porter Cable DA and it worked really well.