PDA

View Full Version : Jewling with Menz 85rd

Pages : [1] 2

Wendell Jarvis
04-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Is it necessary to to IPA wipedown after Jewling with 85rd? I know with the rest of the Menz line you do....especially after Jewling I want to seal with a Carnub wax or BFWD...just curious about jewling.

jjkacz
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Is it necessary to to IPA wipedown after Jewling with 85rd? I know with the rest of the Menz line you do....especially after Jewling I want to seal with a Carnub wax or BFWD...just curious about jewling.

I do an IPA wipedown after using 85rd to verify that I have removed all of the marring from the compounding step.

RaskyR1
04-26-2010, 02:59 PM

I prefere to use a pre-wax cleaner instead. :props:

Wendell Jarvis
04-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey Rask..thanks for the reply, I know that I need to strip off the wax....my question and I got the answer was, a concern of the new wax that I will apply, not bonding if I did not do an IPA wipedown,, but a new fresh coat on top of the 85rd will bond. I was afraid that it would not seal or bond due to the oils in the 85rd. As always good to hear from you my friend and hope all things are going well with you and your family as well as your business....until next time.

Rsurfer
04-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Rask..thanks for the reply, I know that I need to strip off the wax....my question and I got the answer was, a concern of the new wax that I will apply, not bonding if I did not do an IPA wipedown,, but a new fresh coat on top of the 85rd will bond. I was afraid that it would not seal or bond due to the oils in the 85rd. As always good to hear from you my friend and hope all things are going well with you and your family as well as your business....until next time.
I think Rasky meant using a cleaner after 85rd.

RaskyR1
04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I think Rasky meant using a cleaner after 85rd.

Yep! ;)

A prewax cleaner is designed to prep the surface for a wax or sealant application allowing you to get the most out of them. I'm not a big fan of using IPA to prep the surface for waxes and sealants.

Da Fats
04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Rasky what pre wax cleaners do you use? It's something I need to start using instead of just doing an IPA wipedown

CEE DOG
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
After I have done all my polishing and jeweling I use Ultima Paint Prep Plus on a blue pad to prep the paint for Ultima PGP.

Da Fats
04-27-2010, 10:54 PM
It sounds like another polishing step... Its label read like a polish

rohnramirez
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Pre-wax cleaners such as kaio or mother's prewax cleaner.

sal329
04-28-2010, 06:02 AM
I like Prima Amigo cleaner/glaze and DG 501 apply and wipe off before it has time to haze use it like a cleaner

CEE DOG
04-28-2010, 07:32 AM
It sounds like another polishing step... Its label read like a polish

Yes, it is a polish and it is another step. Works good as a base for the Ultima though.

OGauge4Me
04-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Will Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer work as a final step cleaner prior to sealing or waxing?

RaskyR1
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Rasky what pre wax cleaners do you use? It's something I need to start using instead of just doing an IPA wipedown

I've been using CG EZ-Creme Glaze as of lately after a friend recommended I try it. I'm going to give their Vertua-Bond 408 a try next and see which I like better. I have several others though too from Pinnacle, Dodo Juice, Blackfire, P21S...

Rasky

DARK HORSE
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Will Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer work as a final step cleaner prior to sealing or waxing?

Yes, it will work fine.