PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, much appreciated!

Damnhor2
04-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey guys, so I am going to detail my car for the first time ever.
But!, this is going to be done after I have spent the last year reading about everything here, I didn't have much time to do it but now a weekend has cleared up, and after studying everything for so much time I think I am ready.
I only need your help concerning 1 issue:

I have a lot of products:
Klasse AIO
Klasse high gloss sealant
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant
Menzerna super intensive polish
Menzerna Super finish
Poorboy's SSR1
Poorboy's SSR2.5
Poorboy's spray & gloss
Porboy's spray & wipe

And off course clay, lubricant, wax and whatnot.
I need your help with determining which products I am best to use and with which pad.
I am thinking of going with the Menzerna 2-step and then applying the wolfgang paint sealant, let it cure and then put a coat of fuzion wax. What do you think?

The pads I have are these:
Menzerna Complete Ceramic 5.5 Inch Polishing Pad Kit (http://autogeek.net/dual-action-ceramic-kit.html)
Basically I got this kit after many recommendations.

Mike Phillips
04-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Start by doing a Test Spot, usually to a flat surface you can look down on. Test out a mild product and pad combination and then check your results, if they look good use that combination, if your first choice of pad and product combination isn't working fast enough or effective enough then test out either a more aggressive pad or product or both.

Dial in a system that works to one small area then repeat that process to the rest of the car.

:)

Damnhor2
04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Hey Mike!
I have just this minute finished watching you how to remove swirls tutorial!
Just to freshen my knowledge up. Thanks for the info man.

What I meant to ask by my post is do you think I am on the right path with the Menzerna kit?
Also, I see you use the orange cutting pad, however Menzerna recommend using the foamed wool pad?

Dubbin1
04-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Also, I see you use the orange cutting pad, however Menzerna recommend using the foamed wool pad?

No one knows what this finish is like on YOUR car, that is why you need to do the test spot ;)

Damnhor2
04-26-2010, 08:41 AM
I see, by the way, I actually never saw anyone polish for swirls with a foamed wool pad, what are the benefits of this pad?