PDA

View Full Version : Question about the wheels cleaning process.

TheGLL
04-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi,

I have a question that might sound stupid but I have to ask.
I always read that we have to wash the wheels before washing the car, but from my experience...I wouldn't use the same water that I used for the wheels because it gets really dirty. So what is the good process ?
Use only one bucket with soap to wash the wheels and then after use new water in both buckets with the regular technique ?

It's my first real and complete season in the detailing world, so I want to start my summer with the good technique! :dblthumb2:
Thanks!

rohnramirez
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
You'll be using a fresh batch of water and shampoo/water for your buckets. Not a good idea to use the same for your car's body after doing the wheels.

D0ughB0y
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
That's exactly what I do. First pass I go through and wash the wheels, wells, and tires. I rinse the wheels and spray down the whole car. I rinse the buckets and refill then do the car.

DARK HORSE
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I use three dedicated buckets, all labeled as follows: WASH (painted surfaces), RINSE (Painted surfaces), WHEELS ONLY... (by the way there is no where that it is written in stone that you have to wash you wheels first). One of the best detailers I know washes them last...

termigator
04-25-2010, 10:22 PM
After washing and rinsing the car, I use the left over wash to clean the wheels and then rinse the entire car again.

richy
04-25-2010, 10:53 PM
The wheels don't see the same washing technique as the paint does. I do them first and with their own dedicated brushes and cleaners.

autodromo
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I use three dedicated buckets, all labeled as follows: WASH (painted surfaces), RINSE (Painted surfaces), WHEELS ONLY... (by the way there is no where that it is written in stone that you have to wash you wheels first). One of the best detailers I know washes them last...

+1 i do the same. Or sometimes ( if i have it out) i will use my foam gun.

Rsurfer
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I use three dedicated buckets, all labeled as follows: WASH (painted surfaces), RINSE (Painted surfaces), WHEELS ONLY... (by the way there is no where that it is written in stone that you have to wash you wheels first). One of the best detailers I know washes them last...I may not be the best detailer, but I do wash my wheels last. Maybe it's because my wheels are never that dirty.

DARK HORSE
04-26-2010, 12:19 AM
I may not be the best detailer, but I do wash my wheels last. Maybe it's because my wheels are never that dirty.

Arguably Ron, I would have to say, you probably are one of the best!

Rsurfer
04-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Arguably Ron, I would have to say, you probably are one of the best!
Thanks Tad, but after seeing your son's work he's going to surpass both of us.

TheGLL
04-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys ! :props: