PDA

View Full Version : Southern NJ detailers

pogo
04-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi:
can any of you here recommend a detailer in southern NJ area that can do paint correction? I see alot of detail shops local to me but I dont know if they're as knowledgeable as some of the people on this board when it comes to paint correction
thanks

cooksnj
04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
i don't know of any. i can do some. what are you working on and what are you trying to do?

pogo
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a 99 black corvette - had since new but I've never been great at detailing. I've used the porter 7424 along with poorboys SSR1 and black hole then EX-P. I've put some swirls into it over the years and there are some imperfections like superficial scratches in the paint. I'm trying to get it looking like some of the pics I've seen on this board from detailers who do paint correction.

thanks

cooksnj
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
yup, that's probably out of my league. i have a pc and the megs twins, and i hear the corvette paint is hard. you might need to find somebody with a flex (i'm gonna get one of those some day) and some menz. products. pm me if you wanna mess with it?

mtmebnj
05-08-2010, 07:49 AM
I have a 2008 corvette i just bought and just ordered a bunch of stuff from the Geeks. Car is kept in Barnaget, NJ Where are you from? Maybe when your outside detailing I can take a cruise by. I used to be a painter in a body shop years ago. Next weekend I plan on doing a 2 day complate detail on this car. I have a few deeper scratches on the read deck lid I am going to work on. I love this car, its so awesome! Red / black int with black removeable top and chrome wheels. I have the megs ultimate compond and swirl x and dp seal and dp max wax. I hope I can get it to look awesome. Its so dusty and I am waiting on my car cover to come in before I clean it. Anyway i got of topic but if you ever wanted to met up let me know. Mike I live in Trenton area (ewing).