PDA

View Full Version : KTM Dirt Bike Care

suzukiboyoz
10-27-2006, 01:23 AM
I have been going thought the bike care products and WOW didn't know you could get that many products.

Will go thought it all when I have some time, but I wanted to ask a question on bike plastic care.

I have brought a new KTM dirt bike and I know it's a dirt bike which will get a few knocks and sractches.

But what can I just on the plastics to keeps its shine/protect from the sun/elements for as long as possible.

sparkie
10-27-2006, 05:34 AM
We have some bikes guys around here. They have a ton of info. Maybe they will chime in and help you out. Welcome to AG.

ScottB
10-27-2006, 06:25 AM
P21S makes a Total Wash that would work well on bikes in removing dirt and grime. I would also consider a good wax to make cleanup easier, maybe their S100 line.

I wrecked a scooter in the Keys once .... picked up some Megs ColorX and a shop towel, it looked better than new when returned. Unfortunately the road rash took many months to fade.

Surfer
10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I wrecked a scooter in the Keys once .... picked up some Megs ColorX and a shop towel, it looked better than new when returned. Unfortunately the road rash took many months to fade.Gold chains throw you off balance!!:D

Have a couple buddies who race, but are pretty hardcore. Maybe just a wash and quick clean down for them lol. I don't even think they use any protectant or anything because either they'll wreck or the bike will take a beating lol. I should get pics up as one of them has a little 50cc with thousands invested, little sucker is quick as hell.