PDA

View Full Version : Every weekend...

Pages : [1] 2

D0ughB0y
04-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I've been washing my car and truck (which gets driven maybe once a week) every weekend. They're constantly covered in pollen and minor crap (the daily driver) and I can't stand that I spent so many hours detailing them to let them get dirty.

My roomate and my neighbor are CONSTANTLY busting my chops about it. I picked up some AutoGlym to try, so I was out there for a while washing both the car and the truck, then I spent a good bit of time on the car with the wax. While the wax was setting, I did a quick hand polish then wax on the headlights. Maybe 2.5 hours to wash both and wax the car. I cleaned up with wheels on both (polish and wax) and dressed the tires.

Am I being that anal? Sure, I haven't driven the truck since I washed it last week, but it sits on the road and gets dust and crap kicked up from cars driving down the road and TONS of pollen from the tree in the front yard.

They look GOOD though. I want to try to keep them in that condition. If it is nice every weekend, then I plan on washing them every weekend. Just because they haven't washed their cars since Thanksgiving at the local quicky-wash place (NEVER by hand), why am I the lunatic for keeping mine minty?

C. Charles Hahn
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Who cares what they think? If anything you should respond by teaching them why you do what you do. It's their problem if they don't understand or agree with it.

Dubbin1
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
If its something you enjoy doing then it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Heck if my car gets even a little dirty I wash it right away so it always looks its best.

TheCougarGuy
04-25-2010, 08:33 AM
I know how you feel. I have 2 trucks and 2 cars and I'm always washing them. I get a lot of grief, mostly from the girls at work about how anal I am about my cars. I guess I will never understand how I'm a freak because I take care of my stuff.

Ask them this the next time they question you about washing your cars. Ask them how often they clean their houses. I've found the people don't give a damn about how their cars looks but if you ask them, they're freaks about keeping their houses clean. Why is it okay to keep your house nice but not your cars???

Vehicles cost way too much and I work too hard for my money to just throw it away buy not taking care of things.

...or maybe I am just a freak!:xyxthumbs:

Munich77
04-25-2010, 08:46 AM
I know how you feel too. I usually work 50 plus hour weeks and then on the weekends I either was my car or my wife's car. Sometimes I wash both them. It feels like all I do on the weekends (weather permitting). On the upside, the cars look really cool when clean.

jjkacz
04-25-2010, 09:06 AM
It's a hobby that you enjoy doing...What's their hobbies?

fancyfootwork
04-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Well for one, isn't keeping your car, house, etc. clean gratifying?maybe you can benefit from a car cover and then you would only have to wash your car every 2-3 weeks. I for one highly enjoy washing cars so if people have a problem with it tell them to buzz off haha. Ironic you bring up the girls at work, I just washed my gf's firebird yesterday and asked if she wanted to help/talk while I did it. Her response was "I just don't have the same love for cleaning cars like you". Cars are generally a manly thing I guess. :buffing:

LincolnZephyr2006
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I am both obsessed with keeping my place clean (mostly my room) and keeping the car clean.

Irish
04-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I wash all 3 of ours at least once a week. The Mustang gets an ONR midweek if needed.

It's a hobby you enjoy. To hell with the neighbors.

rohnramirez
04-26-2010, 01:30 AM
I agree with everything they said! I love it when people come up to me and ask what i put on my car, or say, "wow! nice paint job!"

If i may suggest..instead of applying wax every time you wash your car & truck, you can just maintain it with a quick detailer.

jpegs13
04-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Hobby? I prefer obsession.

rohnramirez
04-30-2010, 02:03 AM

:iagree::dblthumb2:

How about addiction?! May be there's an autogeekus anonymous. Im the MAN

Irish
04-30-2010, 07:03 AM

I'm in denial.:cry:

sportscarhiatus
04-30-2010, 08:34 PM
we're auto"geeks". Enough said. I'd say 90% of people on here are OCD, like me ;) if they aren't, they're just not admitting it... hehe

gewb
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
we're auto"geeks". Enough said. I'd say 90% of people on here are OCD, like me ;) if they aren't, they're just not admitting it... hehe

...that's OCDD (obsessive compulsive detailing disorder), and I too have it.

Need to find a twelve-step program around here. :cheers:

Then again, my '07 Sonata looked great after a four step program. :D

It's a sickness, but a good one!

Regards,
GEWB