PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry quickly enough?

Pages : [1] 2

GG4411
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how you all dry your cars so that you don't get any water spots. Today I washed my car and by the time I finished drying the trunk, and both sides of the car, the entire front end had water spots that wouldn't come off by rubbing with a mf, or with PB polish with carnuba. What should I do?

loudog2
04-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I pull mine into the garage so the sun doesn't dry it. Plus, my car is so slick that water isn't really on it after I sheet it with the hose.

Dubbin1
04-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Flood rinse and pull it in the garage. The flood rinse will help a ton from getting too many water spots.

richy
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Sheeting the car with a hose should not be underestimated. Plus loudog's suggestion of pulling it the garage is a good one too. If you use a drying aid like DG AW or ONR in a spray bottle it will also help you. Make sure you either pull the mf across the surface or blot with it. The other option is using a leaf blower. All these options just limit the amount of water on the surface to make it quicker to dry and less likely to cause water spotting. Try not to wash a black car that has been out in the sun all day and has a really hot surface...that's sure not going to help. Wash first thing or at the end of the day if it's really hot out.

dvc61
04-24-2010, 11:16 PM
If you can get dionized water that will lesson the amount of minerals in the water so the drops left have less of a chance to dig in. Reverse osmosis is another option. Culligan sells this type of equipment for homeowners, as do many other water treatment companies. Not sure of the cost though.

maximus20895
04-24-2010, 11:33 PM
I use a blower as well. If your car is waxed and the water beads, it will just flow off the car with ease. It also prevents scratches too :)

Clutch34
04-24-2010, 11:40 PM
I just washed my car today and used the flood rinse for the first time, it really works!! Definitely made drying the car A LOT easier as there was very little water left on the car! (well, a lot less than there is if I don't flood rinse!)

CTS-Veo
04-24-2010, 11:55 PM
I also use the flooding method before I dry. I completely underestimated how effective this is. My only other suggestion would be to dry all of the horizontal surfaces first, as the water is less likely to run off on the hood/roof/trunk compared to the doors and fenders.

Clutch34
04-25-2010, 12:06 AM
I also use the flooding method before I dry. I completely underestimated how effective this is. My only other suggestion would be to dry all of the horizontal surfaces first, as the water is less likely to run off on the hood/roof/trunk compared to the doors and fenders.

+1!!

I did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE and was running around the car as quick as I could drying it out so it wouldn't leave water spots!! Well, you live you learn right? lol

DARK HORSE
04-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Gives me all the time I need to blow dry with a leaf blower...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0430.JPG

ScottB
04-25-2010, 09:00 AM
park in the shade or consider a pop-up canopy.

CakeDaddy
04-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I use a blower as well. If your car is waxed and the water beads, it will just flow off the car with ease. It also prevents scratches too :)

Yep, good wax! My car beads like no other, so the leaf blower works perfect for me.

dvc61
04-25-2010, 02:15 PM
So come on Dark Horse......whatcha got there? Is that a deionizer or R.O. or just a filter? I have heard all about these things but I don't know what they look like! What is the company name etc.?

dvc61
04-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh man, I just posted a question to you "Dark Horse" on the wrong page. Duh. I'll figure this out.
Any how...what is that filter exactly? I know of the R.O. systems and the deionizers but have never seen one. Is that one of those or just a filtration system? What brand is it exactly?

CEE DOG
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
CR Spotless Water Systems, deionization system, water de-ionizer, purified water systems, cr-spotless, spot free rinse, spot free car washing (http://www.autogeek.net/cr-spotless-water-systems.html)