PDA

View Full Version : Sold Out! First Detailing Class in the new Webcast Studio!

Mike Phillips
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Sold Out! First Detailing Class in the new Webcast Studio!

Just finished setting up the Studio for our first full-day class since we showcased the new Studio at this year's Detail Fest. Everything is ready to go and class starts at 8:00am sharp tomorrow morning.

While the class is sold out, if by some chance you're reading this and just now found out about our classes, give me a call ASAP and we could probably find a place for one or two more chairs. Below are a few pictures of the new Studio all set up for tomorrow's class on Damp-Sanding and Machine Polishing.

Spacious, air-conditioned and well-stocked with everything we need...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass001.jpg

We'll be going over damp-sanding techniques with DA Sanders and Dual Action Polishers...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass002.jpg

Students get a Show Car Garage Apron and Show Car Garage T-shirt, DVD's will be available too...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass003.jpg

Rotary Buffers, Flex 3401's, Porter Cable, Cyclo, Meguiar's and Griot's polishers will all be included in the class as well as both styles of Pad Washers...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass004.jpg

Meguiar's new Unigrit Finishing System, Defelsko Paint Thickness Gauge...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass005.jpg

This isn't every wool, foam and microfiber buffing pad in the world but it's a good chunk of it!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/855/FirstASCGClass006.jpg

For everyone that's attending, I'll see you all bright and early in the morning!

Coffee will be hot! Donuts will be fresh!

:xyxthumbs:

Dubbin1
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Coffee will be hot! Donuts will be fresh!

Ahh man if I knew there was going to be coffee and donuts I would have came :)

Brennan Beasley
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Anyway the powerpoint might come available?

Wax Gorilla
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
So your streaming it LIVE on a WEBCAST. What is the link I can't find it anywhere??

detailjohn
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Very cool Mike. Looks like a great setup.

John

sullysdetailing
04-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Do I get 1 :)

C. Charles Hahn
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
So your streaming it LIVE on a WEBCAST. What is the link I can't find it anywhere??

That WOULD seriously be cool, especially for those of us who aren't even remotely near Florida. The bandwidth and production know-how required to do it would be staggering, though.

Wax Gorilla
04-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Where is the Webcast link from the new "WEBCAST TRAINING ROOM"

I spent two hours trying to get onto a link and I am certain the class started already??

I smell a false advertising RAT !

If you tell me that your not WEBCASTING from a room you called the WEBCAST ROOM I'm gonna die. I passed up three details today to make sure I could take this class remotely. Someone owes me some money if this was all a tease !
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HOLY CRAP I DON'T THINK YOUR WEBCASTING IT ! @#$%^&*()#$%^

Dubbin1
04-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Where is the Webcast link from the new "WEBCAST TRAINING ROOM"

I spent two hours trying to get onto a link and I am certain the class started already??

I smell a false advertising RAT !

If you tell me that your not WEBCASTING from a room you called the WEBCAST ROOM I'm gonna die. I passed up three details today to make sure I could take this class remotely. Someone owes me some money if this was all a tease !
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HOLY CRAP I DON'T THINK YOUR WEBCASTING IT ! @#$%^&*()#$%^

Who said there was a webcast of the class???

Wax Gorilla
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Why would there not be a WEBCAST its called the $%^&*(ing WEBCAST ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dubbin1
04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Why would there not be a WEBCAST its called the $%^&*(ing WEBCAST ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you see where it says "Live Webcast" anywhere? You're getting all worked up from something you assumed was going to happen even though they never said it was going to be a live webcast.

Wax Gorilla
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Of course it should be live they have been doing videos online for years at AG. The only poit to call it a special "WEBCAST ROOM" is to do live streaming. Plus it is very easy to do and they could of reached thousands and maybe 10,000's of people. In other words alot more than have cable to watch 30 second snipets from which you learn almost nothing on Show Car garage or TWO GUYS.

trek
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Of course it should be live they have been doing videos online for years at AG. The only poit to call it a special "WEBCAST ROOM" is to do live streaming. Plus it is very easy to do and they could of reached thousands and maybe 10,000's of people. In other words alot more than have cable to watch 30 second snipets from which you learn almost nothing on Show Car garage or TWO GUYS.

Did you pay for the class or are you expecting more then what AG already offers for free?

Machine Buffing/ Detailing Class - April 24, 2010 (http://www.autogeek.net/detailing-class-102.html)

C. Charles Hahn
04-24-2010, 11:55 AM

First and foremost, take a chill pill. It does absolutely no one any good for you to get all worked up and insist that they do something IMMEDIATELY to accommodate you.

:rant:

You're the one who passed up three details, not anyone from Autogeek. If you lost money in the process, that's no one's problem or fault except your own. Sorry.

Remember the definition of "assume" here -- as it appears that's what you've done. "Webcast" can have many meanings, not just "live broadcast." Just like a podcast -- which isn't usually a live broadcast.

Plus it is very easy to do

So you've set up and run live webcasts for extremely large groups of users before?

As someone who has worked in the internet hosting industry (in fact, I worked for the company Autogeek uses to host its forum, blog, and web videos), I can tell you that it is NOT as easy as you might think. Any time you're broadcasting a video feed from an event like this at a quality high enough to be effective, especially to a large number of users, there are some massive requirements on the technical end of things which are NOT cheap. Not to mention the fairly steep learning curve of dealing with software designed for putting on webcasts on a large scale in a professional environment.

You need servers with a lot of processing power to encode a stream and rebroadcast it, you need an ultra-fast internet connection at the location of the event AND you need a LOT of bandwidth at your internet host, as streaming video is a bandwidth hog. Both the equipment (servers) and bandwidth cost money and require having someone with a good bit of experience working with them to make a live broadcast a success.

I do think it's an avenue Autogeek could and should look into in the future, but since this whole thing is a new addition to AG, I can understand them wanting to first gauge the response to their events in the training center and optimize them for a different medium before going that route.

Hopefully you can consider this a lesson learned.