PDA

View Full Version : Bad CCS 6.5 Orange Pads

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dubbin1
04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone else having a problem with these? I just went through 2 new pads and the backing started coming off. All I did was the hood on a Grand Am...

5.4 Shelby
04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
I had dimpling problem with 6.5 orange. Hope LC pulls it together on these pads.

Dubbin1
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I had dimpling problem with 6.5 orange. Hope LC pulls it together on these pads.

I had the same problem with the 5.5" pads. I think I may start to try out another brand if I keep having problems like this.

LightningTeg
04-22-2010, 09:52 PM
My newer orange flat pad is also rapidly deteriating at the backing plate edge =(

tuscarora dave
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I have had these problems with LC pads as well, more so with the 4" pads though. I haven't owned an LC 4" pad that lasted through more than a few jobs before the velcro comes unglued or the foam tears just above the velcro. I have several Genuine cyclo pads that came with my original mega Cyclo kit that I purchased 20 months ago. They are a bit worn now but still usable.

5.4 Shelby
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I really like the LC pad progression though. I had been using Griots pads previously. They last forever. Unfortunately, they only have one polishing pad and one finishing pad.

In fact, that is what brought me to autogeek. I was looking for pads with more cut.

I got some 5.5 orange LC flat pads after the "backorder". They are different than the previous. For example, there is no bevel to the edge. I have not used them yet. Maybe they have fixed them. I hope.

Harleyguy
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I would post some picture of those pads.And if they bought from AG you can always give them a call and see what Megan has to say.

5.4 Shelby
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
I would post some picture of those pads.And if they bought from AG you can always give them a call and see what Megan has to say.
I thought it was my technique. I started a thread called Smoked a Pad back in late Feb. The concensus opinion was I was putting too much pressure on the pads or saturating the pads. I have since learned it was neither. I threw the pads away and would not have them to return anyway. If it happens again, I will save them and call Meghan.

Dubbin1
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM

AG has done enough for me so I wont be bothering them with this one.

O.C.Detailing
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
I haven't had any issues with the 6.5" CCS pad backing, but the Hydro-techs were bad about delaminating the backing when I had them. The correction power and finishing power of them is amazing, but I can't use them unfortunately...

I need to order a BUNCH of new pad thanks to rivets in a 30' enclosed car transport trailer and a 1995 SEVERELY oxidized red Range Rover I just finished. Surbuf pads correct AMAZINGLY, but if you work on a rough surface for too long, the microfinger pad separates from the foam backing a little at a time.

AG has been very good to me as well, that's why I can't see pursuing replacement pads after 17 HT pads went bad on me. Good luck with your issues.

siX 5.0
04-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I havent had any issues with 6.5 CCS pads. I have had allot if issues with my 5.5 pads.

Maybe time for a change....

Little OCD
04-25-2010, 03:13 AM
what other quality 5.5" - 6.5" pads are out on the market? I did some quick searching the other day, but only came up with groits and megs.

2003 GMC Denali
04-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Geez... now Im worried. Are my un-used CCS Pads going to go to sh*t after I use them?

Dubbin1
04-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Geez... now Im worried. Are my un-used CCS Pads going to go to sh*t after I use them?

I have about 50 LC pads and these are the only ones that I am having a problem with so I wouldn't worry too much.

christian900se
04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
what other quality 5.5" - 6.5" pads are out on the market? I did some quick searching the other day, but only came up with groits and megs.

I have and still love all my CCS pads but Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads are much better. I am getting more and more and love them as they perform time after time and have not imploded like my white CCS pads have been doing lately even with more abuse and are very high quality.