PDA

View Full Version : Bad CCS 6.5 Orange Pads

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Dubbin1
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I contacted LC about the problem and he sent right back to AG to get the pads replaced. I sent Jason a couple emails but have not heard back from him yet so I really don't know whats going on. I'm guessing hes on vacation?

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-20-2010, 03:27 AM
I contacted LC about the problem and he sent right back to AG to get the pads replaced. I sent Jason a couple emails but have not heard back from him yet so I really don't know whats going on. I'm guessing hes on vacation?

So every get any reslove to this problem? I've had some problems with the 4" pads myself...the yellow ones started coming apart at the edges after only a couple of uses...not to the point where they are unusable but still a new pad shouldnt do this...and also they implode...or 'pancake' as i like to call it :)...

Christian...what do you like so much about the Hexlogic pads other than their ability to last? Do they cut any better or do you not have to clean them as often or...? just wonderin :)

tuscarora dave
05-20-2010, 07:31 AM
what other quality 5.5" - 6.5" pads are out on the market? I did some quick searching the other day, but only came up with groits and megs.

These variable contact pads that Poorboy's World has are the toughest pads I have found to date. I am assuming that LC makes them for Poorboy's.
poorboysworld.com (http://www.poorboysworld.com/FoamedWoolPads.htm)

The Pad Man
05-20-2010, 08:16 AM
If anyone has any probnlems with our products, feel free to contact me here at the factory. eric@lakecountrymfg.com

Jason
05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to mention that this thread is a month old and this issue has been resolved completely. Also if anyone else encounters any problems at all with any of our pads please contact us, we will definately take care of you.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I just bought some 6.5" CCS pads(7/8" thick). I love how narrow they are and haven't had any problems.

Dubbin1
06-05-2010, 09:07 AM
OK I have just about had it with these pads. Now a brand new 4" orange CCS pad has the backing coming off. What makes me sick is the amount of pads I have that have not been used yet. It seems like every time I grab a new one it gets trashed.

5.4 Shelby
06-05-2010, 09:11 AM
OK I have just about had it with these pads. Now a brand new 4" orange CCS pad has the backing coming off. What makes me sick is the amount of pads I have that have not been used yet. It seems like every time I grab a new one it gets trashed.
Yeah, I have a bunch of unused pads too. I suppose I will send them in each time one fails.

john F
06-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Dwayne, sorry to hear that the pad went bad. Like Jason said though, don't hesitate in calling us to get you a replacement asap. :xyxthumbs:

tuscarora dave
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I feel you there, same thing is happening to the LC pads I have. Soon they will all be trashed and the nightmare will be over. That is considering I can find a better manufacturer of pads. I for one don't want to replace a new bad pad with another new bad pad, Kind of a vicious circle there. I got the 4" pads covered but who will I buy the larger sizes from?

fancyfootwork
06-05-2010, 11:17 AM
This happened to me a week ago with an orange pad of mine. Did 3/4 of my car and the velcro backing of the pad started to shrink. I pulled it off and the backing was separated about half way and smoking.

john F
06-05-2010, 11:38 AM
This happened to me a week ago with an orange pad of mine. Did 3/4 of my car and the velcro backing of the pad started to shrink. I pulled it off and the backing was separated about half way and smoking.

I could see that happening if the pad is saturated with product while running at a high speed. Could that be the case?

fancyfootwork
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I was using a PC on 6, with Megs Ultimate Compound with some sunlight on the car. It was about 75 and not very humid. I was using the "on the fky" technique of cleaning the pad with a towel. The pad had been used on 3 other cars. How long are pads typically good for?

agpatel
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Had the backing come off a LC glass pad that I got from AG bit ago used it for the first time and took it off the BP and velcro came off...went to get another one and they are on back-order.

I will try and glue it on for now. That is one thing that sucks about velco backing is the chance, small chance, of them coming off if they get wet as the glue is put under alot of stresses.

DaVinciAutoSpa
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I was shocked when it happened.

I threw my 2 new pads away after the backing came off. If it happens again I'll contact autogeek.