PDA

View Full Version : Carpet

kimandbrad21
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi, let me introduce myself, i am Brad, me and my wife detail friends cars and others as well. I am very into doing only interior details, but with some exteriors too. I keep running into people saying that they use woolite to clean carpet, how does it work out?

I was wondering everyones tricks and tips and products they use to clean interiors, we use a shop-vac and a hoover steam vac with an hose extractor attachment.

thank you everyone, and sorry if i shouldnt be posting here.

Tex
04-22-2010, 04:13 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Stoner Upholstery and Carpet cleaner is the best way to go w/o the use of an extractor. I do not have a steamer/extractor, so I don't know for products for these.
I would be worried about the woolite because this is a product that needs to be rinsed, so unless you extract the carpet later, it probably is not a good idea.

JonMiles
04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Megs APC+ and a steamer work well for cleaning carpets, that is my method. I also have a rotary scrub brush attachment for my makita that works wonders on tougher spots. There are tons of cleaners and methods out there to make carpets look great, the extractor attachment will go a long way with a dedicated extractor solution.

BTW, welcome to AGO.

ScottB
04-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Only used diluted (very) and Woolite on small stain on headliners. I often use Folex or Wolfgang Spot Remover on carpets especially in automotive settings.

kimandbrad21
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
thank you all for your replys, i will test some things out and find what works for me, the big thing was the woolite and when im detailing theres no time to go back twice and get residue out. thanks again!

C. Charles Hahn
04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Personally I've been addicted to Turtle Wax PowerOUT! Oxy /w Odor-X for carpets and upholstery for several years. I've very rarely met a stain it couldn't remove.

Stace
04-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I've had really good results with Tech stain remover, both in carpet and clothes. It looks like water (it is in fact water based) and has no scent what so ever. It doesn't leave a dirt attracting residue either.