PDA

View Full Version : Wheel confusion!!

BimmerFerret
04-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Okay, I think I nearly have all my bases covered for a basic wash/wax detail, but I need some little things to top it all off. The main thing for me is wheel wax or sealant, as well as polishing from chrome and other metals.

I have read a couple of members recommend Klasse AIO for metal polishing, but the bottles seem very small for the price. How long does a typical medium size container last (in number of cars) on average? Also, does this constitute as a sealant as well and would provide extended protection to the metal areas in question?

For wheels, I have seen P21S soap and Poorboy's wheel sealant, I now see DP Wheel Glaze and it looks pretty good too. How long does the applications last, and once again... What is the average life of a container (meaning how many cars could you do?)? Which would you suggest?

Thanks all.

John

:xyxthumbs:

tortugazoom
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I purchased some DP Wheel Glaze a couple of weeks ago and have used it on two different cars. It is very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. I used the product that was stuck to the lid of the jar to do two coats on one vehicle and one coat on another. The product goes on very easy and buffs off easily, as well.

It adds a shine to the wheels and helps keep them clean, but you will still need to wash them.

I'm not sure on the durability, but I think if you wash them with soap and water instead of a harsh cleaner in between applications you could probably get by applying the glaze once a month. That is what I plan to do.

I had Klasse AIO on one car's wheels before this and the DP adds more of a shine and seems to keep the wheels cleaner.

ScottB
04-22-2010, 05:07 PM
All are nice options and a jar of any (Klasse/Poorboys/DP) will last a year or more when used on rims alone. If you want a safe wheel cleaner to use every so often then consider P21S or Griots.

FastZR1
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I echo Tortu in regards to the DP Wheel Glaze. I got some last month and it should last a long time. A little goes a long way... it smells good too.
Ed

BimmerFerret
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks all for the comments. I think I'll get the DP for the wheel glaze and Klasse AIO for the exhaust and chrome wheels.