PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Tiny wax specs wont come off

flektone
04-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Just picked up a used black IS250. The previous owner didnt really take care of the paint well. I think they did get it detailed by the losers at the dealership though. There are 1000's of what I think are tiny white wax specs. Like the specs you get from splattering of the rotory. They obvisiously didnt wipe them off and seem to have been there for some time. Ive washed twice with warm water and they dont budge. Only thing that kinda works is clay. But I have to apply a little pressure to the clay and make several passes to remove 1 little spec. Im afraid of scratching plus its going to take me forever!!!!! Ive tried megs 80, bug n tar remover, and a little 70% rubbing alcohol and they dont do anything. Anything else you can think of to speed of the process??

JonM
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Instead of doing multiple clay passes, try a more aggressive clay, though I am no professional.

LincolnZephyr2006
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Try an aggressive clay and if all else fails..... bring out the paint thinner

Truitt
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Had something similar all over the back fenders and trunk of my black SL 500. I didn't know if it was some sort of paint overspray or splatter. The trunk alone took about 4 hours of careful work with agressive clay. But it did come off.

flektone
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah i guess I can try megs c2000 mild clay. any other ideas?

flektone
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Try an aggressive clay and if all else fails..... bring out the paint thinner

how do you use the paint thinner? dilute it or just straight up?

Mike Phillips
04-21-2010, 01:26 PM
How about a hand applied compound or paint cleaner?

A DA Polisher will tend to just glide over dots on paint, but with your hand and a microfiber applicator pad and a compound or polish you should be able to work most of them off...

Hopefully it's not white paint overspray of some type...

:)

flektone
04-21-2010, 01:52 PM
How about a hand applied compound or paint cleaner?

A DA Polisher will tend to just glide over dots on paint, but with your hand and a microfiber applicator pad and a compound or polish you should be able to work most of them off...

Hopefully it's not white paint overspray of some type...

:)

with hand ive tried Megs 83 and 80. which didnt do much at all. And I dont mess with compounds. Any other paint cleaner you think is better? And yes it is white paint overspray on my black car. As of now I may go with megs mild clay