PDA

View Full Version : Not enough time in one day..what do i do??

cadd
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
I am offering my customers several different detail packages. My problem is that, since I work by myself, I dont have enough time in the day when they want a complete detail (inside and out)..with a 2 stage polish also. How do I let them know that it will take two days, without inconviencing them and loosing there business?

rohnramirez
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
If you're just using a DA, get a rotary, this should dramatically decrease your time in compounding & polishing. I spent 10hours using a DA for the exterior alone on an extremely hard clear which took 12-16 section passes to get results.

If that doesn't work, you can offer a car they can use while you work on theirs!

cadd
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes..been using the 7424, but just purchased the flex3401 last week. Will get to test it out Thurs..

cadd
04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Also..what kind of general guidline should I use when just doing polishing. Should I charge a flat hrly. rate..or by what type , size and condition of vehicle?

JonMiles
04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Also..what kind of general guidline should I use when just doing polishing. Should I charge a flat hrly. rate..or by what type , size and condition of vehicle?

That is personal preference, I normally charge 40 an hour for just paint correction and estimate it take 3-4 hours for a single stage correction, 5.5-6 hours for a 2 stage. A little bit longer for larger vehicles.

I also have packages available with paint correction included, the prices are discussed before starting work and normally I try to make a total 40-50 an hour for my work. With experience you will figure out about how long it will take you to correct different cars in different conditions.

cadd
04-20-2010, 09:57 PM
So, I guess I need ask before any work..exactly what they want..whether it be just a detail that day, or paint correction, and inform them up front if they want both services, that It will take two separate appts..

JonMiles
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
So, I guess I need ask before any work..exactly what they want..whether it be just a detail that day, or paint correction, and inform them up front if they want both services, that It will take two separate appts..

Or tell them that you will do the paint correction one day, then come back to do the interior the next day due the amount of time each stage takes to complete. You just need to make it clear to the customer that it will take that amount of time.

Also, now that you are going to use a flex the correction time will significantly decrease, you may be able to get done in 1 day. Just out of curiosity how long does it take you to complete an interior and what do you do for it?

cadd
04-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Using a full size SUV for example..I would say about about 2 hrs. for the inside, pending on how dirty it is. That would include, vacuuming, conditiong of console, dash, cleaning and conditioning leather seats, cleaning door jams, and windows,

cadd
04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
A bit of background on my detailing..I just started about a yr. ago..as of now, pretty much just doing this for friends and family. But staying pretty busy with it so far..word of mouth advertising .

JonMiles
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
hey cadd i sent you a pm

Dubbin1
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Yes..been using the 7424, but just purchased the flex3401 last week. Will get to test it out Thurs..

Its going to save you a ton of time.

cadd
04-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks Jon..much appreciated