PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Wheel Wells

Driven Auto Detail
04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey all, quick question. For those of you that clean & dress wheel wells, what products are you using and how do you do it exactly? Do you just use something you can spray and that's it or do you spray it and go over it with a cloth? I'd really like to know so I can try it out.

Thanks in advance!!!

Neothin
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
armor all goes into my wells... doesn't last too long, but hey, they're only wheel wells, as long as they look halfway decent, htat's fine for me.

Mike T
04-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I usually clean the wheel wells while I'm washing the car. sometimes I spray some Meg's Insane Shine in the wells for a high gloss shine or I'll spray some Trim Restore for a nice finish I found the last time I used Bold N bright on my tires the over spray got all over in the wheel wells so I just buffed it around with a pad and it left a nice finish. Killed two birds with one stone.

ScottB
04-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I have asked Jason and Max to consider a wheelwell spray similar to Griots Undercarriage Spray for DP. If you would all like something similar please ask as this would be a great enhancement to any line.

Driven Auto Detail
04-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I would like to see a Wheel Well spray for sure. It'll make it easier figuring out what to use in there. Plus, I'm sure DP could use the right "ingredients" to make it just as good as all their other products.

Neothin
04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
having something that could stand up to all the grime and water that's present in wheel wells while still retaining ease of use... that's asking ALOT. can DP make something like that?

Bluesbrekr
04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
+1 for DP coming out with a wheel well spray.

Jason
04-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Thats a great idea, I normally use a trim detailer on the wheel wheels.

MikeyC
04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I have asked Jason and Max to consider a wheelwell spray similar to Griots Undercarriage Spray for DP. If you would all like something similar please ask as this would be a great enhancement to any line.
I use the Griot's Undercarriage spray and I would LOVE to see a DP product which is similar. I really like the undercarriage spray because it also seems to darken/blacken anything it's sprayed on.

BritOn2wheels
04-11-2006, 06:41 AM
My trucks wheelwells are lined with some kind of black vinyl or rubber sheet material, and I've had good results using Mother's Back to Black applied with a foam pad applicator (no polishing off). The only problem is that it's a real drag getting in there.
I for one would love a spray application from DP. Just one more excuse for another order.