PDA

View Full Version : Best Rim cleaner

xxnonamexx
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
What is the best rim cleaner as well as removing pitting for stock rims, Aluminum.

ph16
04-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I can't speak about the pitting, but for cleaning, I use this on my stock alum. rims and it does a very good job.
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/stores/auto/detail-page/B000OWOMTE-G9524.jpg

xxnonamexx
04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a cleaner for all types of rims and tires from Malco I spray it on and hose it off but I was looking for something a little stronger to help with pitting.

D0ughB0y
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I have a cleaner for all types of rims and tires from Malco I spray it on and hose it off but I was looking for something a little stronger to help with pitting.

I"m a fan of the Mother's Mag & Alum. polish. It works wonders for wheels. I've cleaned up crusty stock 1998 Ford Ranger wheels that were never cleaned before as well as nice chrome wheels with it. It will require some attention to detail and elbow grease, but it works great.

This weekend I tried the Brown Royal for the first time and I'm pretty pleased with it.

I really wish I could find something for those little PITA spots on a few of my cars' wheels that have minor pitting and collected some black stuff...

ScottB
04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Nothing will remove pitting, but professional repair. To keep them clean use P21S or Griots Wheel Cleaner (safe) and then consider sealing with DP or Poorboys Wheel Sealant.

Steven C
04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I have used the Malco Rim Acid with a 10 to1 dillution all I can say is wow . But WOW comes with a Price the @10 to1 is still very caustic and if you have pits in the clear coat the stuff gets behind it and pop s the clear even after several rewashes I had to have the rims recleared to the tune off 500 bucks the customer spilt the cost due the rims being in such bad shape and I put no guarentees on them to start but I felt aoblgated to fix the problem and gain a customer for life. I have since switched to PS21 GEl with a Daytona Speed brush work just as well .

Steven :xyxthumbs: