PDA

View Full Version : Video for the potential client, how can I improve it?

Joe@Superior Shine
04-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I shot this for the potential Superior Shine client in mind. There isnt any "how to" tips but only a brief explanation of what we find / look for before a detail, a little of what is involved to complete the service and shots of the completed vehicle.

Your thoughts please.......

- Extreme Makeover, 1997 Ford Cobra by SUPERIOR SHINE

ehuth1
04-20-2010, 12:12 AM
I shot this for the potential Superior Shine client in mind. There isnt any "how to" tips but only a brief explanation of what we find / look for before a detail, a little of what is involved to complete the service and shots of the completed vehicle.

Your thoughts please.......

- Extreme Makeover, 1997 Ford Cobra by SUPERIOR SHINE ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC7PRpsYffk)

Cool guy! Shiniest ding you ever seen!! Love it.

Erik Mejia
04-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Nice!!! :xyxthumbs:

Jokeman
04-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow, horrible job paint matching!

PerroneFord
04-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I am an amateur filmmaker, and do corporate video for a living. My suggestions are these:

1. Use a tripod.

2. Use a good microphone to clean up the audio

3. Move the camera far far less.

4. Stay on topic. Do you really want to mention strip bars in a video about car detailing to your potential clients?

5. Light yourself as well as you light the cars in your garage.

6. Lose the sunglasses. It makes you appear less genuine if we can't see your eyes.

7. Imprint your logo in the lower left or right corner of the video

8. Try to get your video edited professionally.

That's my short list. There are numerous other things, but I'll leave it here for now.

Mike Phillips
04-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I am an amateur filmmaker, and do corporate video for a living. My suggestions are these:

That's my short list. There are numerous other things, but I'll leave it here for now.

Nice short list! It's amazing the diversity of talent found in our online community.

:)

AV8R
04-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Write down what you're going to say and let several people read and edit it. Try to find people who you feel may have a better idea of what a professional document should look like than you (professional assistants, attorneys, teachers,etc). Read it and record yourself numerous times before you get ready to shoot the video. Convert it to your script and do not deviate from it once you have it all set.

Great concept...now the hard work begins!

RaskyR1
04-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Great and entertaining video Joe! :props:

A female techer with a Cobra mustang....The movie "Varsity Blues" instantly comes to mind! :D

WRAPT C5Z06
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
My 03 z06 has been in that garage! :buffing:

Nice job, Joe! :props:

Joe@Superior Shine
05-04-2010, 07:03 PM
My 03 z06 has been in that garage! :buffing:

Nice job, Joe! :props:

THATS RIGHT BABY!! The garage misses you! :(

Joe@Superior Shine
05-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Is this a little better? I realize I need a tripod with wheels as it is hard to film around the vehicle and keep the camera steady.

- Maintenance Detail Shelby Cobra GT500.