PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Purple Haze vs Blue Velvet?

sportscarhiatus
04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
For those of you who have used these two products, what are the differences? Do you like them both? One better on black/dark colors versus the other? They are both advertise to work great on dark colors, but I am contemplating which to get/test out.

thanks.

loudog2
04-18-2010, 04:39 PM
One is soft, the other is hard. Meaning, one is a little easier to apply(soft) and one has a little better durabiltiy(hard).

ScottB
04-18-2010, 04:55 PM
I think the Pro Version samples are now available on one or both of these. Samplers are a great idea.

rwright
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
I will be honest with you, I didn't notice a difference in the tone of my paint using either product. They were both easy to apply/remove, offered pretty decent beading, and durability was pretty good too. I would like to try the Pro version one day. The sample pots are great too! Overall I like Dodo waxes and would buy again.

cobraa
04-18-2010, 06:58 PM
I will be trying both PRO version since they are offered and sample version now.

Man so much wax, Dodo Pro velvet and purple haze,Fuzion and Souveran, I need to stop lol.

sportscarhiatus
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
One is soft, the other is hard. Meaning, one is a little easier to apply(soft) and one has a little better durabiltiy(hard).

Any other differences in terms of functionality/result/gloss/wetness? The description on AG says to use BV as a base coat then follow up with PH.

I think the Pro Version samples are now available on one or both of these. Samplers are a great idea.

You mean the 30ml samples for about 15 bucks each right??? have you tried either, personally, Killr? So far you have suggested about 4 things to me that I now use religously. Any thoughts on either of these two?

And what's the difference between PRO and regular? Is it merely the addition of a sealant property? therefore no difference in gloss/wetness from the regular versions?

I will be honest with you, I didn't notice a difference in the tone of my paint using either product. They were both easy to apply/remove, offered pretty decent beading, and durability was pretty good too. I would like to try the Pro version one day. The sample pots are great too! Overall I like Dodo waxes and would buy again.

That's what I was worried about. I didn't want to buy both... but..... with the sampler, maybe I might have to. Which ones did you try by the way? The PRO version or regular?

I will be trying both PRO version since they are offered and sample version now.

Man so much wax, Dodo Pro velvet and purple haze,Fuzion and Souveran, I need to stop lol.

Tell me about it... I have a TON that I will NEVER finish, but who cares ;) I just need to FEED the NEED. It's an addiction sadly.

Please let me know what you think of the PRO versions after you try them.

sportscarhiatus
04-19-2010, 02:31 PM
bump

Alex Boyce
04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
And what's the difference between PRO and regular? Is it merely the addition of a sealant property? therefore no difference in gloss/wetness from the regular versions?

As far as I've read the only big difference is the addition of sealant properties, I've only used PH PRO, but I have used Supernatural, Rainforest Rub, Light Fantastic, Purple Haze, Hard Candy. I had more trouble applying PH PRO, I found it to "gunk" the applicator and not want to spread as easily as the other dodos I've used.

PH PRO does look great but not a considerable difference from the normal line of dodos.

I didn't notice a ton better durability with PH PRO over other dodos especially not better than Supernatural.

Supernatural is still my favorite dodo, closely followed by Hard Candy, Rainforest Rub and Light Fantastic.

Hope this helps.