PDA

View Full Version : White Pearl - wax/sealant combo?

Pages : [1] 2

Toneranger
04-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Hello!

I was hoping to get a few opinions on a sealant/wax combination for my white pearl finish. My car is a daily driver that is never garaged, so good strong lasting protection is a high priority!

After scouting around a bit in here, I was thinking that either Collinite 476s or 845 topped with Poor Boys' Natty's original (white) might be a good combination? Any suggestions are greatly welcomed, I'm a noob with little experience in detailing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Gunslinger
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
One of my cars has a cream pearl paint...I use a base layer of Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick followed by a top coat of Griot's Best of Show Wax. The finish looks wet and a foot deep.

The Stick Wax gives a great look plus durability and the Best of Show gives it that extra pop.

autodromo
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
My car is a daily driver that is never garaged, so good strong lasting protection is a high priority!

If you are looking for something with good durability I would go with a sealant, and than if you want you can top it with a nuba wax.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-18-2010, 10:40 AM
After scouting around a bit in here, I was thinking that either Collinite 476s topped with Poor Boys' Natty's original (white) might be a good combination?

Very good combo, and not too expensive. :xyxthumbs:

Pmach
04-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Hello!

I was hoping to get a few opinions on a sealant/wax combination for my white pearl finish. My car is a daily driver that is never garaged, so good strong lasting protection is a high priority!

After scouting around a bit in here, I was thinking that either Collinite 476s or 845 topped with Poor Boys' Natty's original (white) might be a good combination? Any suggestions are greatly welcomed, I'm a noob with little experience in detailing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Very good combo, and not too expensive. :xyxthumbs:

I too also have a pearl white car (see sig.) and have been looking got a good sealant/wax to really give it some depth. I think I will also be trying that similar combo and see how it turns out.

Irish
04-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Collinite 845 is the gold standard for durability in my book. I use it on my work truck and still see 4-5 months, sometimes more, on paint that's covered in mud and grime 5 days a week.

I've used Natty's Blue and Red to good effect. If they're any indication of durability, you'll need to re-up on the original formula after a month.

Toneranger
04-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Really appreciate all the ideas/advice, folks! I think I'm going to give this combo a go and see what happens (Collinite/Natty's Original)....just not sure whether to go with 845 or 476s. I take it the 845 is more of a sealant than the 476s?

Pmach - it may be a few weeks before I get to this, but I'll post the results. If you beat me to it, please let me know your thoughts!

termigator
04-19-2010, 06:19 AM
I too also have a pearl white car (see sig.) and have been looking got a good sealant/wax to really give it some depth. I think I will also be trying that similar combo and see how it turns out.

Cool! I have a Starfire Pearl IS350 too (08'). It's garaged, so I'm really not concerned with durability, but Blackfire Wet Diamond looks great on that color and while I haven't tested it's durability, others have gotten very good durability from it. The only carnauba I've used on the pearl so far is S100. It gave off very nice reflections and the depth was excellent. Right now I have Menzerna Power Lock on the car. I personally couldn't tell the difference between Power Lock and Blackfire.

sullysdetailing
04-19-2010, 06:42 AM
For Sealant I would go with DP, WG, or Four Star then top it with Liquid Souveran

WRAPT C5Z06
04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
476s is more durable than 845, but 845 is easier to work with.

Pmach
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Pmach - it may be a few weeks before I get to this, but I'll post the results. If you beat me to it, please let me know your thoughts!

Sounds good. You'll most likely get to it first as I still have other products to finish before I go ahead and buy even more. :eek:

Cool! I have a Starfire Pearl IS350 too (08'). It's garaged, so I'm really not concerned with durability, but Blackfire Wet Diamond looks great on that color and while I haven't tested it's durability, others have gotten very good durability from it. The only carnauba I've used on the pearl so far is S100. It gave off very nice reflections and the depth was excellent. Right now I have Menzerna Power Lock on the car. I personally couldn't tell the difference between Power Lock and Blackfire.

Awesome! Any mods? Just curious how long are you supposed to wait typically before topping a sealant with nuba?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Just curious how long are you supposed to wait typically before topping a sealant with nuba?
12 hours

termigator
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Just the F-Sport anti-sway bar. It made a world of difference in cornering stability. I also want to get the F-Sport shocks and springs, but the reviews have been mixed.

At this point, I would say the biggest mod I made was ditching the Bridgestone Turanzas for some Sumitomo HTRZ III's. That alone has made the biggest difference in performance. The Turanzas are just pieces of $%#&!

I personally don't count this as a mod, but I did add loads of sound deadening material along with closed cell foam insulation in the door panels and trunk. I'm pretty sure I probably have one of the quietest IS350's around.:)

As you know, most sealants tend to have a cure time. They all differ (Blackfire recommends 8 hours, while Wolfgang recommends overnight in a garage), but most people shoot for 12 hours before slapping on the 'nuba.

Pmach
04-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I've also got the F-sport anti-sway bars and the lowering springs too. I never bothered getting the shocks since I have the sport package already and was told there isn't that much of a difference. The combination of sway bars and springs make a world of difference in how the car handles/responds. I'm still on the OE Turanza's and man do they suck. The have about 25,000KM on them and are noiser than my winter tires and keep the traction control system pretty busy under spirited driving....until I turn it off ;)

Thanks for the info on the curing time!

KootRoc
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Has anyone tried Dodo Juice Diamond White?