PDA

View Full Version : Optimum/Menzerna poll

robzie
10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
if you guys/gals were to choose just one line between Menzerna and Optimum, which would you choose?

to be more specific:

Optimum (compound, polish, wax/sealant)

or

Menzerna (IP, FPII, FMJ)

thanks...

pt91
10-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Menzerna (but I like Optimum too).
I am a big fan of FMJ and HGAS.

MikeyC
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Hmmm . . . a tough decision for sure. Why would you limit yourself to just one brand?

Anyway, I haven't used the Optimum polishes, but I have used Optimum Car Wax. It's pretty decent, but it didn't last too long for me. The Optimum Car Wash (new formula) really is one of the best car wash soaps available IMO.

When it comes to Menzerna I've used pretty much the whole line FPII, Intensive Polish, Power Gloss, Final Touch Glaze, and FMJ. FPII IMO is one of the finest finishing polishes made IMO. It really leaves a fantastically wet, deep shine. IP is also an excellent polish, but it dusts a bit and has a very short working time. FMJ is a decent sealant and leaves a nice slick surface. PG doesn't really work well with a PC and besides it's REALLY aggressive so you probably don't need it. FTG is a good glaze, but IMO if you do a good job polishing there's no need for a glaze because all they pretty much do is fill imperfections.

IMO no one brand makes fantastic products from start to finish so to speak. This is one of the reasons I shop with AG. Their huge brand/product selection allow me to pick & choose among different brands to create my personal "ultimate detail kit."

ryandamartini
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Optimum for almost no dusting gets my vote if I HAD to choose one. But as stated FPII is great for finishing.

Padron
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Menzerna (but I like Optimum too).

+1 :)

supercharged
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
My vote is for Menzerna.

abrcrombe
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Both are great brands and you really can't go wrong with either. Close your eyes and pick ;)

SpoiledMan
10-25-2006, 06:48 PM
I *use* Menzerna but Optimum is my backup. I have a few of the Menzerna products that aren't available on our shores as well.

ScottB
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
CMA designs and makes all the Menzerna products except the polishes. I really like the polishes, but find the other products to be much to similar to other cheaper offerings.

robzie
10-25-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks for your time, all.....

sparkie
10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I've used is Optimum Compound, very little dust compare to Megs#4. Never tried Menzerna.

supercharged
10-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I love FMJ from Menzerna.Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

Surfer
10-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Friend has some Menzerna but I have Optimum Compound and Polish. Love both. I used OC on a yellow Edge cutting pad and it finished down like a polish, no hazing or marks under light even witha yellow pad, pretty impressive. And yes, no dusting!!! Plus I love the longer working time.

Waxmax
10-26-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm a big Menzerna polish fan, but may have to try the Optimum line (OP/OC).

I heard the new OP formulation is much better.