PDA

View Full Version : cleaning microfiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

Donnym
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Has anyone tried using the Snappy Clean pad cleaning powder to clean their microfiber towels? It looks very similar to the DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator which is one of the suggested cleaners for microfiber.

Fly bye
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I hit mine with a pressure sprayer, (household grade) then soak em in a bucket with soapy (Dawn) water & let em sit overnight. I then aggetate them a little bit, & then hit em with the sprayer again, & then rinse, wring out & either hang them to dry, or throw em in the dryer for maximum fluffyness.

Btw, I use water that's in between 160-170 degree's.

Rsurfer
04-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Has anyone tried using the Snappy Clean pad cleaning powder to clean their microfiber towels? It looks very similar to the DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator which is one of the suggested cleaners for microfiber.
Why not use a a cleaner made for mirco fiber like Pinnacle Mirco Fiber Rejuvenator.

bige441
04-16-2010, 03:21 AM
For maintnance I wash with DP micro fiber cleaner and a wash in the washing machine with like towls. Then in the dryer with some dryer balls to restore static on air fluf or low heat. When they are not performing to my standards they get a healthy apc soaking in some hot water then normal wash and dry.

A4 1.8tqm
04-16-2010, 06:08 AM
:iagree: with bige. And Rsurfer

Donnym
04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I realize I can use cleaners that are labeled for microfiber, but since I don't have any and need to clean some of my towels, I just thought I would ask if anyone has tried the Snappy powder.

dupont17
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
I use my washing machine on delicate using hot water and barely any unscented powder. When I take them out I soak them in cold water just to make sure soap is gone. Tumble dry, low. I have reused after this process with no problems at all.

Dubbin1
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I realize I can use cleaners that are labeled for microfiber, but since I don't have any and need to clean some of my towels, I just thought I would ask if anyone has tried the Snappy powder.

I have washed mine with liquid Tide and never had a problem.

ksomsak
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm wash it via SNAPPY

goose28
05-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I have washed mine with liquid Tide and never had a problem.

:iagree:

tuscarora dave
05-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I have always washed mine in the washing machine with Sun brand powdered laundry detergent. I put a splash of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I set the water temp to hot. My towels always come out like new clean with no absorption issues and they do not scratch finished paint.

As for the snappy packs I have used them to clean pads in a bucket by hand and they work just like DP rejuvinator, Great.

BobbyG
05-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Why not use a a cleaner made for mirco fiber like Pinnacle Mirco Fiber Rejuvenator.

Bingo! This is what I use and it works surprisingly well...

Jenn1270
05-22-2010, 11:47 AM
When you put your microfibers in to soak in degreaser or APC how much do you use?

Jenn

Rsurfer
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
When you put your microfibers in to soak in degreaser or APC how much do you use?

JennI like cutting APC 10:1 I pre-soak my good mf's and after I'm done, I take all my wheel, engine mf's and soak it in the same solution.

Old Tiger
05-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I like cutting APC 10:1 I pre-soak my good mf's and after I'm done, I take all my wheel, engine mf's and soak it in the same solution.
Brilliant! Gonna try this on my next bunch of dirtys. I have a lot of tire & wheel MF's that could use a little TLC!