PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Stuff!!

Pages : [1] 2

AL417
10-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi, new poster here. I'm just starting to get serious about detailing. I've always been a clean freak which started decades ago with my first bike when I was a kid. I just got my PC 7424HD and Edge pads last night and I'm so excited. I've been pouring over all the posts for weeks and I'm trying to decide what products to order. I have a 06 Toyota Tacoma in impulse red and a silver 01 Jeep Wrangler that I will be maintaining. Both are in great shape but I suspect that they will look even better once I get busy on them with all my goodies from Autogeek.

Thank you all for being so informative and sharing your knowledge and expertise. I really do appreciate it!

Alice
aka AL

justin_murphy
10-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Man welcome aboard!
You have just recieved an amazing kit. I have alot of experience with this system as do others here. If you need anything, I mean anything at all, please ask. There is no such thing as a dumb question here.

What polishes and waxes do you have?

XterraOverload
10-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Congrads on getting your new gear. If youv been here a cuple of weeks then you know the scoop.........Take it slow and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

ryandamartini
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
congrats on aquiring the sickness! enjoy the process of becoming OCD and remember, having an emergency quick detailkit in your car is perfectly normal.... :D

If I may recommend you the Pinnacle XMT polishes, and if you haven't gotten a nice wax, DP Maxwax or if your looking for long lasting protection DP Surface Shield.

Great to have ya and welcome aboard!

DrMike
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome! I just got my PC last week with XMT products and Lake Country pads. My car looks so good under my garage lights!

FloridaNative
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Welcome Alice. Are you an Alice like Alice Cooper or an Alice like Alice in Wonderland? Sometimes it's hard to get the gender thing straight on the forums. :p Welcome to our little family. You've made an excellent choice and I know you will be very happy with the results. Work you polishes in for 5 minutes (I recommend taking a kitchen timer out with you to keep track of the time) and go slow. Please feel free to ask questions, we're all here to help. Welcome to the addiction and please share your pics with us. :) Take care.

AL417
10-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and suggestions. At the moment I'm going crazy trying to decide what products to get next. I've read all the threads where noobies ask what to get and from what I can gather it simply comes down to getting some things and finding out what works best for you. I have to admit I've gone back and forth between Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP and mixing lines. Who hasn't?? I must admit I really want to get some PS.

Most of the kits include some LC pads. I keep ruling out some of the kits because they include pads. Does it make sense to get some of these too even though I have the full line of Edge pads?

AL417
10-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Welcome Alice. Are you an Alice like Alice Cooper or an Alice like Alice in Wonderland? Sometimes it's hard to get the gender thing straight on the forums. :p

FN, I would be an Alice of of the female persuasion. It can be confusing on the boards especially because my nickname is AL.;)

FloridaNative
10-26-2006, 08:49 AM
OOOH we got another girl!!! Cool! :p There are so few of us on these forums, it's so nice to see another lady with the addiction! :) You know, I have both the Edge pads and the Lake Country pads. They are both excellent. Although I mostly use my Edge pads, I recently had a problem with my adapter and having the Lake Country as a back up really saved my behind. Aaron at Edge was great and made sure I got a new adapter right away, but it was good to have the Lake Country to fall back on too. :) Just my 2 cents. If you do get a kit that has some LC pads, just make sure you get the yellow backing plate for it as well.

AL417
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Good advice, thank you.

OK I gotta tell you I'm really bummed right now. I haven't had time to even take out my new PC until this morning. Here I am all excited about it I take it out and I plug it in, turn it on and Nothing. So I'm thinking there's some sort of safety switch. Nope. Try plugging it in in three different outlets. Nothing. Call Jason. He has me turn it up to 6 and plug it in, turn it on. Nothing.

The good news is that Jason is taking care of me and sending another one out today so I can have it for my only day off this week (Sunday). This is not anyone's fault and Autogeek is taking care of it quickly and easily. I work in a very high Customer Experience job and Jason was great in how he handled this. Thanks Autogeek!

Meghan
10-26-2006, 09:12 AM
....The good news is that Jason is taking care of me and sending another one out today so I can have it for my only day off this week (Sunday). This is not anyone's fault and Autogeek is taking care of it quickly and easily. I work in a very high Customer Experience job and Jason was great in how he handled this. Thanks Autogeek!
Al we like to take care of our forum members! We are a big family here, and you will find everyone to be very helpful. Let us know if you need anything.:grouphug:

AL417
10-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Al we like to take care of our forum members! We are a big family here, and you will find everyone to be very helpful. Let us know if you need anything.:grouphug:

Thanks Meghan. You guys are all so cool. Good thing you said to let you know if I need anything. Because my needs are few but my wants are many, especially from Autogeek!
AL

FloridaNative
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
LOL AG has the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. :applause:

AL417
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I just got home from work and my new replacement PC was waiting for me. I took it out and plugged it in and it was like music to my ears. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks to Jason and everyone at AG for taking are of me in such a pleasant and helpful manner. :cheers:

Reddwarf
10-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Al,

Welcome aboard! This is a great forum with some great people. That just blows that your first pc didn't work. How frustrating. But as you said, AG has great customer service.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your work with the pc!