PDA

View Full Version : Bug Season Is Coming, Looking For Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

alexjn1
04-14-2010, 02:44 PM
With bug season fast approaching I am looking for suggestions on what type of bug wash to order/use on my truck.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Meghan
04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
OH BOY I HAVE USED THEM ALL!!!! Pick me to answer! :laughing:

Dubbin1
04-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsafscrub.html) and whatever car wash soap you are using.

Meghan
04-14-2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/18657-got-love-bugs.html

Tex
04-14-2010, 04:40 PM
The best I have found is the 1Z Einszett Insekt product. It works great on its own (spray, wash mitt, rinse and dry) or before a wash help removing the bugs without scratching the paint. The only drawback is that you use quite a bit of it and the bottle is small (I think I can get 6 uses out of 1 bottle), so that makes it somewhat expensive.

j994k
04-14-2010, 04:54 PM
The Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad is awesome! I don't know how it does not shred paint, but it dosen't.When we first got one in at our shop we tested it on our vehicles, 07 Caddy (black) 08 Santa Fe (slate blue), 06 Tundra (red) 04 Jeep (blue) and a 07 Civic (blue) It worked great on all the vehicles, no maring of the paint whatsoever.We have quit pretreating bugs with anything, just foam the car and scrub the bugs. We use it on all client vehicles now. Never had a problem on any paint.

PerroneFord
04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I've used the Pinnacle Bug and Tar pad and it's lovely. I've also used PoorBoys World Bug Squash and found it quite good. I sold a lot of it last year to co-workers. The best product I've found is the Surf City Garage Road Trip and Grime Destroyer. Hand's down the best spray on solution for dealing with tough stuff I have ever seen or used.

I have literally sprayed it on and watched the bugs slide down off the paint before I could get my mitt or MF towel to it. Simply unreal how well it works.

I do not work for the company, I am just a VERY satisfied customer, and I now buy the stuff by the 2 liter. I wish it came in gallons.

Old Tiger
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I just ordered an intriguing product called Bug Slide. It is a polymer based product that claims to remove bugs and leave protection. If it works,I might retire my Bug Squash. I bought the Pinnacle pads this winter, but havent needed them yet in Upstate SC yet.

CEE DOG
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
The Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad is awesome! I don't know how it does not shred paint, but it dosen't.When we first got one in at our shop we tested it on our vehicles, 07 Caddy (black) 08 Santa Fe (slate blue), 06 Tundra (red) 04 Jeep (blue) and a 07 Civic (blue) It worked great on all the vehicles, no maring of the paint whatsoever.We have quit pretreating bugs with anything, just foam the car and scrub the bugs. We use it on all client vehicles now. Never had a problem on any paint.

:iagree:

bodavenport
04-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I have used bug slide, but I feel as though the bug squash is far superior after having used both. I may have to try out the surf city grime destoyer when I run out of bug squash though.

cadd
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Got some pretty good stuff at Oreilly's Auto parts..called Bug B Gone..in a little white bottle with red lettering. Best I have come across yet...By the way..I live in South La...so I know all about those darn love bugs !!! Pesky lil critters

Jeremy
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Got some pretty good stuff at Oreilly's Auto parts..called Bug B Gone..in a little white bottle with red lettering. Best I have come across yet...By the way..I live in South La...so I know all about those darn love bugs !!! Pesky lil critters

South LA here too. I use bug squash and their mesh bug towel.Works just fine although I do want to try the pinnacle sponge. I had them in my cart last thursday but they came of BOGO the next day

detailjohn
04-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Mark-V's bug remover is excellent.

siX 5.0
04-17-2010, 01:46 AM
Surf City Grime Destoyer is a great product and it's OTC @ PepBoys (in my area at least)

Irish
04-17-2010, 06:20 AM
+1 on the Pinnacle bug scrubber.

Poorboys Bug Squash and Chemical Guys Bug Bugger are my favorites.