PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Dakota have hard clear coat?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
I did a quick test section on my friends 02 white dodge dakota which was heavily swirled. I used the GG ROP, 5.5" orange pads, and Meguiars Ultimate compound. This is currently the strongest combo I have(just ran out of 105). I polished the section using speed 6 and HEAVY presure with multiple section passes. It removed some of the shallow swirls, but many RIDS and deeper swirls were left behind. I'm thinking a rotary is needed? Sorry, no pics.

Grizzly
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Sounds hard to me.

sullysdetailing
04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
My 2008 is pretty easy to work with

WRAPT C5Z06
04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Went back and hit it with surbuf pads which helped tremendously! Orange pads are not aggressive as they're made out to be, IMO.

Harleyguy
04-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Went back and hit it with surbuf pads which helped tremendously! Orange pads are not aggressive as they're made out to be, IMO.
The orange pads are plenty aggressive i think in your case you needed to step up to a wool pad on a rotary.This were doing a test panel comes into play.You all ready answered your own question when you stated the pad wasn't doing what you wanted.Just like if you tried an white pad and that didn't help you would move onto an orange pad or use a more aggressive compound.This why everyone stress's to do a test panel first.Imagine if you did the whole car and pulled it out into the sun and realized you had to redo your work.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
The orange pads are plenty aggressive i think in your case you needed to step up to a wool pad on a rotary.This were doing a test panel comes into play.You all ready answered your own question when you stated the pad wasn't doing what you wanted.Just like if you tried an white pad and that didn't help you would move onto an orange pad or use a more aggressive compound.This why everyone stress's to do a test panel first.Imagine if you did the whole car and pulled it out into the sun and realized you had to redo your work.
I agree with everything you said. :props: