PDA

View Full Version : Opinions for detailing my Black 2009 Ford Fusion

JBanco
04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I have 2009 Ford Fusion (Black, Metallic)...I live in Houston, TX, so it gets really hot and muggy here during the summers. Would using the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wg6500.html) be an ideal match for my car that I drive everyday. I know Sealants last longer, so is it a good idea? I have some pictures of my car and it looks pretty good, but i know i can make it look better. Opinions are welcomed!

itzJoker
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
I would say use Natty Blue on top of whatever sealant you want to put on, heard it's great on black cars.

2kredbb6
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I vouch for the Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax, makes that black paint really shine and make it look really black if that makes any sense..

JBanco
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Wouldn't this Souverän Paste Wax not last long? I mean, i drive my car to and from work everyday, I don't have a garage so it sits outside, so wouldn't a Sealant make more sense than Carnauba wax? fill me in on these details, becasue the more I know, the better. thanks.

JBanco
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
thanks, will look into it.

2kredbb6
04-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't this Souverän Paste Wax not last long? I mean, i drive my car to and from work everyday, I don't have a garage so it sits outside, so wouldn't a Sealant make more sense than Carnauba wax? fill me in on these details, becasue the more I know, the better. thanks.

Yes this is true... BUT!! To make it last heres what i use all from the Forum Favorite kit
Klasse All-In-One, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray Wax come together to create a forum favorite kit. (http://www.autogeek.net/forfavkit.html)

Step One: Apply Klasse All In One with a Cobra Microfiber Applicator Pad. AIO is a polish and sealant in one. It will clean the paint and remove minor imperfections in preparation for High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Buff with a Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth.

Step Two: Apply High Gloss Sealant Glaze with a Poly Foam Wax Applicator. Spread an extremely thin coat. Use no more than a dime-sized amount per panel. Buff with a Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth.

Step Three: Once High Gloss Sealant Glaze has cured (approximately 8-12 hours), apply a coat of Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax. Buff with a fresh microfiber towel. Souverän™ can be layered as many times as desired. Use Pinnacle Crystal Mist to reinvigorate the shine as needed.

JBanco
04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
wow...that is something i didn't know you can do...a sealant and carnauba together. the best of both worlds so to speak. thanks for the info. I will definitely consider this kit, thanks!

Old Tiger
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I would stick to a durable sealant in Houston, especially with a black car. I dont think a nuba would last long. I would use Duragloss 105 and boost with DG Aqua Wax after each wash. If you want a nuba look try Four Star Spray Wax or Optimum Car Wax. I also like Ultima Paint Guard Plus and have heard greeat things about Four Star UPP. I have kids in Houston and it can be unbearably hot. Too hot for any nuba LSP IMO.