PDA

View Full Version : Brother just got a Tacoma, needs protection

kasrhp
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
My brother just got a 99 Toyota Tacoma. It is in pretty good shape. It has a black exterior and grey interior. The paint still has a decent shine and has definitely been taken care of. It has some swirls but nothing too bad.

I am wondering whats the best way to detail the new truck. He is taking it to Alaska in a couple weeks(from Florida), and we are going to detail it and would like a good protectant. I have used 5 Star Shine in the past, and wanted to try something else on his truck (after getting lots of info from the site). Id like to get the black looking a little deeper than is showing now, get rid of the swirls, and put a very good protectant on the truck (long trip and being outside in Alaska). New to the forum so learning a lot. We dont have any electric buffers, so everything would be done by our hands. I have some Detailers Pride for the interior, but I know its not a serious cleaner as much as a protectant.

So, any ideas?

trhland
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
you want to remove the swirls?or just looking for protection on the paint?

if your not looking for a show room flawless look. i would go with xmt360 . its an all in one product that will clean /polish and protect the paint.. and follow that up with aq nice sealant. menzerna/wolfgang. are some nice ones...thats what i would do. useing these 2 products will give that truck a nice glossy look with nice protection...

kasrhp
04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I like the xmt, but it says to apply with an electric polisher. We dont have one of those. Will it work as good by hand?