PDA

View Full Version : Need help writing a plot for a racing movie for school

Mark Preus
04-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I got a assignment in school to write a plot of some sort for a movie. I picked racing cause of my passion for cars, but I am stumped on trying to think of something original that hasent been done already. I got two more weeks to finish and havent got anything written yet. The plot has to include characters, conflict, drama, story and details. Any help or ideas would be appreciated cause im starting to get real frustrated. Thanks

Shane731
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
How about this? This is kind of combining some elements from the movie Ghost Rider, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and the Charlie Daniels song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." The devil comes to those people who were criminals during their life and offers them the chance to race him across a long and dangerous route (2000 miles, 5000 miles, whatever you want to make it - just has to be long and dangerous). Those who win get another chance at life to make right the wrongs they have done. Those who lose must become collectors for the devil, gathering up evil souls to bring to hell. The devil has a souped up race car (make it something cool like a 1970 black Dodge Charger similar to the one from the movie The Fast and the Furious), and those who are challenged have 24 or 48 hours (should be a relatively short time span) to come up with a race car of their own. In the opening of the story you introduce the deal and perhaps 2 primary characters (let's call 'em Good and Bad for the sake of simplicity). You go into greater detail about Good's race and the challenges he faces, and how the devil tries to cheat because he knows Good has good intentions and regrets a lot of his mistakes. Good races the devil and wins. Then you introduce Bad (you could intertwine the stories as well if you wish), who did wrong to everyone he met, and go into detail about his race with the devil. Because Bad has an evil heart, he loses, and must become a collector for the devil. End the story with what each character is doing now, i.e., Good is becoming closer to his family, working an honest job, righting his wrongs, and Bad is hunting down the evil souls and offering them the chance to race the devil.

Mark Preus
04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
That is perfect thank you. I will call it drag racing angels

Shane731
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Sounds good. Let us know how you make out. :xyxthumbs:

EDIT: I just thought up a title. If you don't like it, that's fine, just thought I would throw it out there. How does Raceway to Hell sound? Or even Dragway to Hell? Drag Racing Angels sounds good, the only problem is that there aren't really any angels in the story, just the devil and your two primary characters. Again, just a thought.

Grizzly
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Three detailers have six hours to polish and remove swirls out of a car with M105/M205 or it will explode.

wytstang
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Rent Two Lane Black Top to give you some inspiration/idea's.

Clutch34
04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey, post your story after you write it! I wanna read it! :xyxthumbs:

detailjohn
04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Yup, cult classic there.

ScottB
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
how 'bout the best elements from Ronan, Professional, Bullet, Smokey/Bandit, and Gone in 60 seconds. I dont particulary remember all the stories well, but certainly remember the cars and chase scenes.

If you need to toss in something related to detailing, Car Wash , seems to be one from past.

Mark Preus
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Already own it on dvd great movie

termigator
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Three detailers have six hours to polish and remove swirls out of a car with M105/M205 or it will explode.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: