PDA

View Full Version : Klasse, Duragloss, or other?

muddy
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I am running out of Klasse AIO and I am thinking about trying an alternative for no other reason than to see what else is out there. Would Duragloss #501 be comparable? Is #501 ok to use on trim the way AIO is?
If anyone feels there are other alternatives that might be worth trying, please chime in. Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I just ordered Duragloss 105. Can't wait to try it.

richy
04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I am running out of Klasse AIO and I am thinking about trying an alternative for no other reason than to see what else is out there. Would Duragloss #501 be comparable? Is #501 ok to use on trim the way AIO is?
If anyone feels there are other alternatives that might be worth trying, please chime in. Thanks! :xyxthumbs:
501 is an awesome product. It is a great cleaner and b/c it was designed for Marine use, it has great sealant properties too. If you want the best protection you can get, top it with 105 or Collinite 845.

sal329
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
501 is my go to cleaner. I would not use it on trim

ScottB
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
On paint specifically, Optimum Poli-seal is a nice AIO.

Da Fats
04-13-2010, 07:44 PM
+1 for poliseal... You can also use poliseal to clean up any shiney black plastic trim like the trim aroudn windows... plastic mirror housings... Poli + white terry cloth rags and soem elbow grease = shiney protected trim!

Type[R]+
04-14-2010, 01:44 AM
I love poli-seal! You just have to learn how to use it!!!
Less is more really applies to this one.....

I'm getting good life out of the poli/opti-seal combo too. A few months easy.

muddy
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Hmmm, think I'm going to have to take a look at Poli-Seal. Seems like a good price in comparison to KAIO & DG501 and it can be used on plastic trim. Thanks guys, I never would have even thought about it.

ScottB
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
In all fairness I havent used poli-seal on trim, just paint and my suggestion was to it specifically. While I am sure it will work well on painted trim also, not sure on all plastic trim. I have heard of some using Opti-seal on trim to protect. Just tread lightly ..

Da Fats
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Trust me guys... try it out! The smooth black trim that stains up around windows and mirror housings clean up pretty well with it and stay nice and clean for a logn time after using it.

I don't see a huge benefit to using it on textured trim like you see around wheel flares and bumpers... this stuff gets PB TR for me.

Chris

Da Fats
04-15-2010, 12:10 PM
or maybe there is somethign easier to use and i am wasting my time scrubbing

muddy
04-15-2010, 05:38 PM
In all fairness I havent used poli-seal on trim, just paint and my suggestion was to it specifically. While I am sure it will work well on painted trim also, not sure on all plastic trim. I have heard of some using Opti-seal on trim to protect. Just tread lightly ..

Since I know you've used almost every AG staple product, can you compare it to KAIO...for paint anyway?

ScottB
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Since I know you've used almost every AG staple product, can you compare it to KAIO...for paint anyway?

KAIO is one of those products that comes along, does just what it offers, and becomes the staple to judge others. Poli-seal and XMT360 are nice offerings but still hard to replace Klasse AIO IMO.