PDA

View Full Version : Starting out.

biohazard23
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I have been hand waxing and cleaning my cars ever since I was 16 and have loved it. It truely is addicting. I have used only swirl x, clay, and a few paste waxes and I still feel as if there is more shine to get out of my paint.

I'm now 18 and considering doing some detailing on the side for some small cash, but I do have a job so it's not needed. I did wax and wash one of my neighbors cars that asked me to do it for $50. Not bad at all considering it really didn't need it.

Anyways...

I ordered this kit last night.

Meguiars Porter Cable Ultra Polish Kit with 5.5 Inch Pads, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Polishing Kit, Meguiars polishes, Porter Cable 7424 Mirror Glaze (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-meguiars-kit.html)

I'm going to try the results on my own car and see what it looks like from there.

If I wanted to start up a small business, such as posting flyers in the local gym or something, what suggestions do you guys have for me? I think I'll need more pads and products.

ScottB
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
a buffer package is a great starting point, the difference is notable indeed. Best of luck !

ballfan4141
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
the thing to do now is do your best work and get better. you want to make back the money you spent on your kit and more.

bodavenport
04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Practice, practice,practice! When you are working on someone else's car or truck a mistake cannot be made, so make them first on your own of you are going to make one. But there is truly no substitute for practice and patience.