PDA

View Full Version : Buffing Vs. Polishing?

mclark12992
04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
So I've been looking to order some new microfiber towels for mainly the purpose of removing wax, swirl remover, and polish. Also for applying quick detailers. When reviewing the Cobra microfiber chart, I noticed that certain towels were good for "buffing", others for "polishing", and some for both. So my question is what is the difference between a "buffing" towel and a "polishing" towel?

Thanks

snowking724
04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
thickness of the nap. tighter nap gives extra bite for removing left over polish and wax, deeper nap grabs and pulls debris away from the paint.

Rsurfer
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
So I've been looking to order some new microfiber towels for mainly the purpose of removing wax, swirl remover, and polish. Also for applying quick detailers. When reviewing the Cobra microfiber chart, I noticed that certain towels were good for "buffing", others for "polishing", and some for both. So my question is what is the difference between a "buffing" towel and a "polishing" towel?

ThanksShorter nap for removing waxes and sealants and longer nap for final buffing.:buffing:

mclark12992
04-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks a lot guys, that clears things up :dblthumb2: