PDA

View Full Version : Metro portable vs full size vac

Bunky
04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Is the primary difference between the portable vac and the full size vac just the dolly and a smaller capacity bag?

The motor specs seem identical so what was taken out to make it smaller?

CEE DOG
04-11-2010, 11:44 AM
If it's the ones I think you are talking about then yes. It is just a different bag size between the 3 models that makes them different sizes. The Met Vac rep was explaining this to D-Dave and I at DF. He said other then attachments and bag size the the 3 were the same as far as motor and everything. Here's a chart that might help too

Metro Vacuum & Blower Comparison Chart - Find and compare Metro's high performance vacuums & blowers! All the fullsize models are here: Vac N Blo, (http://www.autogeek.net/metrochart.html)

Bunky
04-11-2010, 11:51 AM
If it's the ones I think you are talking about then yes. It is just a different bag size between the 3 models that makes them different sizes. The Met Vac rep was explaining this to D-Dave and I at DF. He said other then attachments and bag size the the 3 were the same as far as motor and everything. Here's a chart that might help too

Metro Vacuum & Blower Comparison Chart - Find and compare Metro's high performance vacuums & blowers! All the fullsize models are here: Vac N Blo, (http://www.autogeek.net/metrochart.html)

Yes. I had looked at the comparison chart but just wondering if something else that was obvious was missing. It looks like all Metro vacs come with free shipping - dropped shipped from Metro.

CEE DOG
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh, other then the bag sizes and attachments he also said the hoses were different.

I think the bag lengths were like 9", 15" and 21" or something like that. I don't quite remember the dimensions anymore.

Bunky
04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh, other then the bag sizes and attachments he also said the hoses were different.

I think the bag lengths were like 9", 15" and 21" or something like that. I don't quite remember the dimensions anymore.

It looked like most attachments were the same. The biggest difference I could tell was the inclusion of a wall mount and extra long hose with the larger model.