PDA

View Full Version : Covercraft Car Covers --- Imprompt Review

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
10-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Spending the weekend at Ecklers up in Titusville Florida brought me to meeting a vendor (Chris) with a very respectible product. Up until now, I really kinda considered all car covers to be relatively equal and have one I use for extended garage visits only.

What I found out is that Covercraft is the king of the car cover industry. It was truly embarrasing for Ecklers to have put Wolf Car Covers anywhere around Covercraft, as it actually made the upgrade to the best quite easy. You could actually see the quality without even walking up and feeling it. Chris was relatively low keyed with no forced selling, but easily sold a dozen or so covers while at the show and was more than willing to allow users to fold, install, and remove each cover as much as wanted. Two covers stood out .... and these were NOT even the most popular offering the Noah.

Form Fit ---this is like the microfiber in car covers. It kinda looks like parachute material, but it so soft and accenuates every line of the car. While expensive, this is the cover you want for your garage. It is not weatherproof but did a fine job on my car overnight while under the tent. While I was NOT lucky enough to snag it at shows end (it was nice that he allowed me to use it overnight), it was one product that is on my Xmas wish list.

Weathershield --- this is truly the cover for those traveling and also wanting a great outside cover. It was amazing to watch Chris pour bottles of water over this cover and watch every drop run off. I loved the two-tone coloring and clearly lighter and easier to use than most waterproof covers. Chris actually offered that this cover is so much easier to pack and lighter than the Noah, it was clearly the cover of choice for those looking to show and protect. Max's roof on the Vert was broken and we used one overnight, not a single source of water or damage.

In closing, I seriously suggest you check into a Covercraft cover for your ride. I also found out from Max that we can use the sale and discount codes on these for even better prices. While Chris did NOT offer to personally cut and sewn these together for us, it was clear that his commitment was complete client satisfaction. They even custom cut covers for cars that are not already offered in catalog. I highly suggest their line :

http://www.autogeek.net/carcovers.html

http://joestradingpost.com/pix/2006_10_21_27th_ecklers_reunion/images/IMG_4852.jpg

Chocolate Cover = Covercraft Form Fit C5
Grey Cover = Competitors Cover

abrcrombe
10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Nice review. So which one is your favorite for the garage? and outside?

Meghan
10-23-2006, 07:28 PM
That form fit cover was SWEET!! And Chris is a stand up guy, great company, even greater reps!

pt91
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I have owned and used a weathershield and highly recommend it based on performance and space savings. I also think it is the perfect cover for garage car show use.

ScottB
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Nice review. So which one is your favorite for the garage? and outside?

Weathershield for outside use and trips .... Form Fit for the garage and light outside use only. :p

abrcrombe
10-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Weathershield for outside use and trips .... Form Fit for the garage and light outside use only. :p

Same choices when the Noah is thrown into the mix?

FloridaNative
10-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Awesome review Killer. I have a question though. Were you able to get a look at the underside of the covers? The side that would actually touch the paint? I want to get a cover for my SUV since it sits outside 24/7, but I'm a litttle concerned about the lining on the inside of the covers since my paint is so soft and I get pretty constant trade winds coming blowing east to west off of the beach. I worry that the wind might cause the cover to rub the paint underneath. Can you tell me which one would have the softest lining for the paint and that will also give protection from the outdoor elements??? Thanks honey. :)

Totoland Mach
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I've had my Covercraft 2 Tone for 3+ years and really like it. It folds to a compact package when I travel, it's washable, and it works fantastic.

ScottB
10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
The Noah is much much heavier ... and would not travel well. After seeing the water dispelled off the lighter Weathershield (in two tone) it would be my choice. Both are lined, and with a light cotton. Very soft and left only a very light lint on top of car. Easily removed with duster. The form fit was machine washable also .....

FloridaNative
10-26-2006, 08:58 AM
So it looks like Weathershield would be the way for me to go then. Thanks Killer. :)

mixxer
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM
i have the dust cover from them and it is awesome

Diesel
12-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Here are a few pics of KW's C6 from the show. Clad in a custom fit Covercraft FormFit..........

ScottB
12-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Here are a few pics of KW's C6 from the show. Clad in a custom fit Covercraft FormFit..........

Someone was watching me ???? :p

(everytime I see those pics, I wish I had confiscated that cover)

Gary Sword
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I have a number of covercraft covers. I use them mostly for dust covers inside of the garage. I also use them to guard against my wife scraching up my cars when she is carring something through the garage. She really don't care about cars and can be careless at times. They do a great job on the fitted covers. I would not recommend the non-fitted covers.

dengood1
12-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Man, that thing even looks good under a car cover:righton:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=827&d=1166454496