PDA

View Full Version : Water spots?

crash93ssei
04-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I am very tired of water spots every time I wash a car if I don't immediately dry it. I have city water, but still get terrible water spots. I purchased a water filter with a charcoal filter cartridge hoping that it might take care of it, but still get them.

Any suggestion as to what type of filter cartridge I can buy to stop the horrible water spots?

markm
04-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I am very tired of water spots every time I wash a car if I don't immediately dry it. I have city water, but still get terrible water spots. I purchased a water filter with a charcoal filter cartridge hoping that it might take care of it, but still get them.

Any suggestion as to what type of filter cartridge I can buy to stop the horrible water spots?
deionize filter, I just ordered one. Charcoal will not filter out the minerals that cause spotting. Filters will only process a very small amount of water at a time. With a deionizing filter you have to reduce the water flow or use a low GPM pressure washer.

itzJoker
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Cant you just buff your car with a microfiber towel after drying it to get rid of the spots.

markm
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Cant you just buff your car with a microfiber towel after drying it to get rid of the spots.
I can tell you that in FL the sun cooks the spots into the paint like a fried egg in an uncoated pan. You have to scrub hard enough with a MF to possibly cause marring. If the sun is not out it not a problem. In the sunshine state that would mean washing at night or in the shade. I know at my house there is no shade.

Rsurfer
04-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Do an ONR wash in the garage or take 2 gallons of water and find some shade.

itzJoker
04-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I can tell you that in FL the sun cooks the spots into the paint like a fried egg in an uncoated pan. You have to scrub hard enough with a MF to possibly cause marring. If the sun is not out it not a problem. In the sunshine state that would mean washing at night or in the shade. I know at my house there is no shade.

You could also use a quick detail spray and then wipe with MF

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-10-2010, 05:07 PM
No matter what you do is you are washing in the sun you are going to get water spots. I always wait to either wash in the am or late afternoon when the sun isn't hitting the area where I am going to wash one of my vehicles.

ScottB
04-10-2010, 05:09 PM
CrSpotless System might help too...

crash93ssei
04-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I have two gallons of DP RW&G, but after a few days of hard rain and a dirty car, I want to do a regular wash and have no water spots left over. I have been to many car washes that have a "spotless rinse" option and I use that every time with great results and never any water spots, even if I let the water dry in the sun. Maybe they use a de-ionizer filter, the water pressure does drop dramatically when you use it.