PDA

View Full Version : Holograms on '10 GT-R

Mirror Detailing
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I have a '10 GT-R I am working on that is getting a full correction done. Paint is in terrible shape. After going on a process of...

Power Gloss - PFW - Dewalt 849 - 1400 rpms
M105 - O. LC - GG DA - Spd 6
SIP - W. LC - GG DA - Spd 5
Super Finish - B. LC - Spd 4

Holograms are still visibile from the rotary. Am I not doing enough cutting or is the Nissan GT-R paint that impressionable that I will need to go with say after the PFW do M205 - W. LC - Dewalt 849 - 1000 rpms to remove a good portion of the holograms from the compounding step?

detailjohn
04-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Does it have the "self healing" paint option? This may be what is causing some grief?

Irish
04-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Does it have the "self healing" paint option? This may be what is causing some grief?

I'd say so.

There was a fairly in-depth post about the self-healing crap that's going around now. Something about the heat generated from a rotary "activating" the paint. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Harleyguy
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I have a '10 GT-R I am working on that is getting a full correction done. Paint is in terrible shape. After going on a process of...

Power Gloss - PFW - Dewalt 849 - 1400 rpms
M105 - O. LC - GG DA - Spd 6
SIP - W. LC - GG DA - Spd 5
Super Finish - B. LC - Spd 4

Holograms are still visibile from the rotary. Am I not doing enough cutting or is the Nissan GT-R paint that impressionable that I will need to go with say after the PFW do M205 - W. LC - Dewalt 849 - 1000 rpms to remove a good portion of the holograms from the compounding step?Try finishing with 85RD or Ultrfina both on blue pads.You can use your GG DA i bet either one of those will get rid of those Holograms

SouthernStyles
04-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Have you tried say power finish with a black ccs pad?

Mirror Detailing
04-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Try finishing with 85RD or Ultrfina both on blue pads.You can use your GG DA i bet either one of those will get rid of those Holograms

Yeah I had already tried that last night. I pass with a Black LC pad and 1 pass with a Blue LC Pad with Ultrfina and still holograms. I did some research and found the cause of it. Seems those cars paint do not fare well to any aggressive cutting. Had to go back with the rotary with M105/W. LC Pad to get them out, then buffed up normally from there.