PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 Closer to which Menzerna Polish?

the_invisible
04-08-2010, 07:04 PM
According to the sales website:

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 fuses Menzerna's nano polishing technology

The key word is "Nano".

Does this mean that the WF FG polish is somewhat similar in cut to the Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FA??? I know that both the WG FG and PO106FA are grey in color and both remove 2500 grit marks. Most importantly, both carry the identical price tag in 16oz.

Is the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze a completely different product to PO106FA?

Mike Phillips
04-08-2010, 07:25 PM
They are similar products in cut and performance.

What are you working on and what are you trying to accomplish?

:buffing:

Mike Phillips
04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Here's something on TSR...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23983-comparison-question-about-menz-power-finish-vs-wg-total-swirl-2.html

the_invisible
04-08-2010, 08:25 PM
They are similar products in cut and performance.

What are you working on and what are you trying to accomplish?

I just used up all my PO106FA, and I am contemplating which I should stock up on, PO106FA or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Knowing where each of the above product is relative to one another would assist my purchasing decision.

nosbusa
04-10-2010, 01:53 AM
I just used up all my PO106FA, and I am contemplating which I should stock up on, PO106FA or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

Knowing where each of the above product is relative to one another would assist my purchasing decision.

They are the same thing according to this.

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish-po-106-fa-finishing-polish.html)

Quote:If you're looking for a 16 oz. size of this polish, try Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0! It has the same polishing power and flawless results, in a smaller size.

As far as which one to buy?

You can buy a 16oz Wolfgang for $34.99, or a 32oz bottle of PO106FA for $49.99. If you don't need bottles that big, you can buy an 8oz bottle of Wolfgang finishing glaze for $19.99.

If it were me, I would buy the 32oz bottle. jmo

the_invisible
04-12-2010, 04:32 AM
They are the same thing according to this.

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 FA, Menzerna Final Polish, Nano abrasives, finishing polish, professional polish (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish-po-106-fa-finishing-polish.html)

Quote:If you're looking for a 16 oz. size of this polish, try Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0! It has the same polishing power and flawless results, in a smaller size.

I just got some Finishing Glaze 3.0 sample with my previous order. Just as expected, it performed identical to the PO106FA as far as I could tell. For the same price at 16oz, I'd stick with the Menzerna bottle. For larger bottle there's no choice but to get it with the Menzerna label!

cobraa
06-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering why the description state to apply it with hand for extra reflection ? I don't understand because this is not a wax and it doesn't contains filler, why would it better to apply by hand?

WRAPT C5Z06
06-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Are they the exact same thing, just different labels?

Type[R]+
09-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering why the description state to apply it with hand for extra reflection ? I don't understand because this is not a wax and it doesn't contains filler, why would it better to apply by hand?
less cut, more polish....

Mike Burke
09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Are they the exact same thing, just different labels?

Or are they.......I asked this in a email to Autogeek tech and got this explanation...

They are similar in terms of abrasives, but the Wolfgang polishes contain proprietary oils that allow for less dusting and a longer overall working time.

If your buying the 32oz bottles they are close to the same price ( I think) for similar products........ unless they are on sale or BOGO

Buckskincolt
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
For larger bottle there's no choice but to get it with the Menzerna label!

Here is the WG FG 3.0 in 32oz so there is a choice. Wolfgang Final Finishing Glaze 3.0 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/wofifigl.html)

I find the WG FG does not dust near as much as the Menz and I also get a longer working time out of the WG. They seem to cut about the same but I prefer the WG FWIW.

jay trader
06-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Good to see that others had the same thinking that I did. I was hoping to get some WG FG but they were backordered so I went with Menzerna PO 106FA.

It looks like this latest version may address the difference that some posters pointed out about the dusting:

"Menzerna Super Finish PO 106 FA is the next generation of Nano Polish PO 106 FF. Super Finish PO 106 FA contains a micro-fine abrasive dust that quickly removes light imperfections and holograms while creating a mirror shine. This new formula features less dusting than the original Nano Polish and leaves your vehicle with the glossiest possible finish."

Will provide feedback after I use the PO 106FA.