PDA

View Full Version : QD's

FloridaNative
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Hello AG,
:) I had a question about QD's. I have a SUV and am looking for a good QD (reaching the roof of that thing is a pain). BTW I live in S. Fla so I want something that can stand up to the heat and sun. I have been looking at PB S&G, PB S&W and DP 4-n-1 and wonder what the consensus is out there. Maybe someone has a favorite QD in another brand that they cannot live without? FYI my SUV stays outside. (no garage :( ) So I wonder if all you out there on the AG forums can give me some 411 on these QD's ASAP. TIA. :)
TTFN

FloridaNative
04-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh PS
Congrats DS Detailer on the new ride! Don't you just love that new car smell.
YUMMY!

Neothin
04-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, I really enjoying using clearkote's quikshine. Autogeek will soon be carrying the line to boot! I do have a gallon of S&G siting in the garage waiting for my QS to run out though... when I break that open ill letcha know how that goes in comparison.

FloridaNative
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
cool! thanks. :-D

LynchMOB
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I like PB S&W when Im a little dirtier then just daily dust. DP's Waterless wash is OK as well but can streak and is not good on all surfaces. DP's 4 in 1 seems to work real well also, but I have not used it as much as PB S&W.

For just a daily dusting I use a different QD that is not sold by AG.

Neothin
04-07-2006, 11:58 AM
dont be afraid of saying what you use lol.... it's not like the wrath of god will strike you down if you use a product AG doesnt carry. heck, if many people use a certain product/line, maybe that will entice AG to carry it!

LynchMOB
04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
I respect the owner of the site so I didnt want to cause any problems.
:D

SVTContour
04-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I like PB S&W when Im a little dirtier then just daily dust. DP's Waterless wash is OK as well but can streak and is not good on all surfaces. DP's 4 in 1 seems to work real well also, but I have not used it as much as PB S&W.

For just a daily dusting I use a different QD that is not sold by AG.

LynchMOB, Did you use the DP 4 in 1 as a QD mixed at 2:32? If so what did you think of it?, and how did you use it?, after a wash or for light cleanup? I used it yesterday after washing and I am undecided about whether I will continue to use it as a QD. It left a nice glossy and somewhat deep finish to my silver car but I was expecting it to leave a slick finish also. I added another 1/2 oz. of the DP 4 in 1 to my spray bottle and I will test it out a few more times and come to a conclusion on it.

LynchMOB
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
So far I used 4in1 as a QD mixed at about 2oz/24oz water. I have only used it once briefly to wipe down pretty clean paint before and after claying. I think I used it later to clean my wheels. I like it better then DP waterless wash because it doesnt seem to streak, but I dont think I like it better then PB S&W. I really have not used it enough to get an opinion either way. I really bought the 4in1 to use as a rinsless wash, which I have not tried yet.

SVTContour
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason why you mixed it up at 2:24? I believe on the bottle it says to dillute it at 2-2.5:32 for a QD

LynchMOB
04-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Well cause I was kinda guessing, and was using a 24oz bottle... the way I looked at it was 1/2oz 4in1 per 8oz of water is on the low end of the scale per the directions. So using that formula I should use 1.5oz per/24oz so I added a little to get to the higher end of the scale of the directions... plus how much does the cap REALLY hold? Which is what I was using to measure.

EDIT: LMFAO, Sorry.... I mixed 4 in 1 in a 16oz spray bottle. Geez, I looked at so many bottles I forgot which ones I bought. So at this point Im not sure what kind of ratio I used.... LOL. Sorry Im not much help.