PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC+

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey Mike,

I want to try Meguiar's APC+, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it. However, I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the answer I am looking for. It says it's safe for interior surfaces (vinyl, plastic and such), is there a dilution rate at which it does not need to be followed with a rinse? Kind of like a "Spray & Wipe" application? I want to keep a bottle diluted for general interior cleaning.

Thanks,

-josh

Chris27182
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I've never had any trouble with it on surfaces for cleaning the inside I use it 1/10. As far as a spray & wipe, it doesn't leave any protection behind so I wouldn't even begin to use it as a spray & wipe. I mean if your looking for a magic number for diluting it I don't know of one for your application just experiment with it when you get it and see what you like.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I've never had any trouble with it on surfaces for cleaning the inside I use it 1/10. As far as a spray & wipe, it doesn't leave any protection behind so I wouldn't even begin to use it as a spray & wipe. I mean if your looking for a magic number for diluting it I don't know of one for your application just experiment with it when you get it and see what you like.

Thanks, I guess what I meant by spray & wipe was just to be able to spray it on, and wipe it off without a follow-up rinse. I know I'll have to apply a protectant afterwards. I was looking to be able to use it like the DP Interior Cleaner, for example.

Chris27182
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Gotcha, Im sure it could be used for that purpose. I just don't know that exact magical number to give you. I've used it 1/20 ratio before and it worked great on the inside so start there. :xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
D10301 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

Designed to be low foaming for use in carpet and upholstery extraction machines.
Diluted at the same levels it's stronger than APC.
Lower cost per ounce compared to APC.

If you apply a dressing afterwards and wipe off the excess dressing, you will in effect wipe-off most of any leftover residue from the APC+ or any cleaner for that matter.

:)

PerroneFord
04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I keep APC+ in three concentrations.

20:1
10:1
4:1

Anything I can't get clean inside gets 20:1. If that doesn't work I move to 4:1. In only ONE detail have I ever used 4:1 inside. And that was for a very limited application. At 20:1 it's spray & wipe. At 10:1 it's perhaps a bit dicey as a spray & wipe, and I certainly wouldn't push my luck beyond that.