Pages : [1] 2

Mike Moore
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Has anyone tried Liquid Glass Legend?
http://www.rscarcare.com/images/T/t-53.jpg
If so, what are your thoughts on it?

SkateForGirl
04-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Reduces drag and increases top end speed on racing cars, planes and boats... lol

99.95 retail price... wow.

I too want to know if anyone has tried this?

Meghan
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Been staring at it on my desk for a week or so, not had time to play with it yet.

mackdaddyhibble
04-06-2010, 02:02 PM
So this will ,increase my top end speed ,huh? Ive been detailing for some time trying to get rid of all that drag holding me back:hotrod2: Man some of these marketing strategies companies come up with.

Dubbin1
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Acid rain retardant
Stone chip resistant after 25 coatings
Extremely durable and mirror shiny
Super slippery
Reduces drag and increases top end speed on racing cars, planes and boats

Sounds like a load of poo poo to me.

tcollins33
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Acid rain retardant
Super slippery

I can attest to the reduction of drag. Here are some before and after pics, albeit taken from different angles, but I think it shows the amazing transformation.

BEFORE:
http://czechmatediary.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/110-trabant.jpg

AFTER:
http://www.motorward.com/wp-content/images/2010/02/Porsche-911-GT3-R-Hybrid-3.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

Matt S.
04-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow, it really darkened the paint on that car and brought it to life! I need to try this stuff. :xyxthumbs:

Lasthope05
04-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Acid rain retardant

Many sealants do resist/reduce the effects of acid rain.

This is an acrylic sealant that hardens like a shell so who is to say after several layers it wont have some "resistance" to rock chips like how opti-coat is a coating.

Many sealants are durable and "shiny."

Super slippery

Most if not all sealants are extremely slick.

Maybe it does reduces drag. A slick finish could possibly reduce air friction against the surface like when you clay and wax a car you can put a bottle on the hood afterwards and it will slide off.

Sounds like every other sealant can claim those effects too. :poke:

Iono. I bit over priced maybe but you cant exactly say until you try it. To me the claims dont sound that outlandish.

A4 1.8tqm
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
tcollins33- LOL, nice.

No comment on the specific product, but I love Physics and thinking about this kind of thing. It's funny cause the show Mythbusters did an episode testing whether a clean or dirty car was more aerodynamic. It ended up that covering the car in an inch or two of soft pottery clay and cutting out divots like that of a golf ball was more fuel efficient because it reduced drag, despite the added weight. At higher speeds air resistance becomes a much greater force, increase your speed by 2x and the force of air resistance increases by 4x (because you move past twice the air in half the time). Air moving past a flat surface, like the hood of a car, produces very little drag regardless. It's the shape of the object and the turbulence created in it's wake, not the brand of wax on the door panel that will make a significant improvement.

:rant:

Not that I don't love Wax's and Sealants, I'd like to see a full review on the stuff. Someone? :poke:

Wikipedia, Drag (physics) (http://en.wikipedia.org/####/Drag_%28physics%29)

- MythBusters - Dirty vs. Clean Car - Dirty vs. Clean Car

5.4 Shelby
04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
If someone wants to send me a bottle of it, I'll write a review. I dont have the proper equipment to test coefficient of drag or even top speed differences aside from looking at my speedometer. But, hey, I am always up for a free bottle of expensive sealant.

jlb85
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
We did a race car last year, and it posted a track record a week after we polished it ;)

I polish my car before each track event. Its like a 40 horsepower sticker.

Dubbin1
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
If someone wants to send me a bottle of it, I'll write a review. I dont have the proper equipment to test coefficient of drag or even top speed differences aside from looking at my speedometer. But, hey, I am always up for a free bottle of expensive sealant.

You up to the recommended 25 coats with 1hr drying time between each coat?

Lasthope05
I don't care what they say but its NOT going to keep a rock from chipping the paint. Well "maybe" at 5mph but not at driving speeds...

ScottB
04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Is it a new formula or just a new bottle and name ???

markm
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
If I didn't know better I would have thought you showed 2 different cars!

Lasthope05
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
You up to the recommended 25 coats with 1hr drying time between each coat?

Lasthope05
I don't care what they say but its NOT going to keep a rock from chipping the paint. Well "maybe" at 5mph but not at driving speeds...

Your reading too much in to the marketing play on words. The key word here is "resistant" not "rock chip proof." I mean they have water "resistant" sun block and people think they are waterproof. Im not backing up their claims. Im just putting it as it is.