PDA

View Full Version : Windshield LSP/wax tips? Long lasting beading?

m4gician
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey guys,

I need your opinions on what I should be doing with Windshields to keep water from flowing right off, and not sticking or causing water marks.

What I've done in the past is clay the windshield, and buffer apply Klasse AIO. Klasse didn't seem to last too long, and some of you recommended a liquid LSP like Collinite 845.

What can I use that's easy and will leave the windshield protected, as well keep the water beading and help the wipers do their job better? Thanks in advanced AGO

OCDetails
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Use either RainX or Aquapel. These are designed for windshields and won't come off with the wipers or wiper fluid. Using something that is designed to affect optics in paint is not necessarily the best choice for glass coatings. It could create glare and distortions in what you are seeing, and that would not be a good thing. I would recommend that you stick with products designed for use on glass when you are working on it.

m4gician
04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Use either RainX or Aquapel. These are designed for windshields and won't come off with the wipers or wiper fluid. Using something that is designed to affect optics in paint is not necessarily the best choice for glass coatings. It could create glare and distortions in what you are seeing, and that would not be a good thing. I would recommend that you stick with products designed for use on glass when you are working on it.

Perfect i'll head over to wal-mart and pick up some rain-x.

termigator
04-05-2010, 03:04 PM
I haven't had to apply anything to the windshield since I stopped buying the regular blue windshield washer fluid and started using the ones specially mixed with RainX or an equivalent. If you haven't tried it, you might want to. It actually works and you don't have to apply anything to the windshield anymore. You'll still have to on the door windows and back windshield though.

ScottB
04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Aquapel ... there is a noticable difference over Rain-X. Do consider cleaning glass first with a product like DP Glass Restorer for best results.

Shane731
04-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I ordered some Aquawax to use on my windows. Can anybody comment on its effect on glass?

Old Tiger
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Aquapel ... there is a noticable difference over Rain-X. Do consider cleaning glass first with a product like DP Glass Restorer for best results.
As usual Killr knows his stuff. Aquapel is far better IME.

jlb85
04-06-2010, 06:38 PM
^+1
We use aquapel on all our customers, and all our cars as well, good stuff.

CEE DOG
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Ultima can be used on glass as well