PDA

View Full Version : Order the Pinnacle Souveran Sizzling Shine Kit

Pages : [1] 2

06VISTA
10-23-2006, 12:00 AM
I use Zaino on my last 2 cars, Currently I have an 06' Mustang medium/dark Blue in color. I have some very slight scrathes, and 2 quarter sized spiders on the hood, they are only visible in sunlight ot florecents.
This is a new car, my question is will the pinnacle paint cleaner polish really "hide" these defects? Also how easy is the products both wax and polish to apply by hand? I am looking forward to recieving both you input and my kit!

Thanks in advance.

-Regards

sparkie
10-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Pinnacle paint cleaner polish, never have used it. I do used XMT which is made by Pinnacle, works great on correcting paint.

06VISTA
10-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the reply, nice GT by the way. Anyone else have direct experience with the Pinnacle polish and wax?JUst want to know what to expect or some tips?

GearHead_1
10-23-2006, 06:42 AM
I've only just received my XMT polishes and anxiously look forward to trying them out. I have however used Souveran both liquid and paste for years. The paste is my hands down favorite wax. I've used some of the high end Zymol products and many others but Pinnacle Souveran is a real winner.

06VISTA
10-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Thanks, any experience with the paintwork cleaner?

BILL
10-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks, any experience with the paintwork cleaner?

yes.......... used it after claying and before sealing........very easy and nice to work with....use the white pad.....:)

Meghan
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
yes.......... used it after claying and before sealing........very easy and nice to work with....use the white pad.....:)
Bill is right, PCL is a great product and if using with a buffer it works great with the LC White Pad.

06VISTA
10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I do not own a PC or other and I have only used a buffer 1 time so, I am applying by hand.

Will the polish hide very fine scrathes or small cobwebb's. Its a brand new car. What else can I do by hand to ensure the finest results?

Thanks for the help, and advise!

ScottB
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Just put it into perspective ... a hand can only do so much. PCL and P21S Paint cleaner both have some light fillers and will temporarily hide swirls, not remove them completely. After several washes they will reappear. I like Clearkote Vanilla Moose best by hand as has some light abrasive qualities and can help to remove/reduce some of the jagged edges on the scratches. Thus the light will not reflect them as much. It also has some light filling ability.

06VISTA
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Makes sense, I will more than likley turn her over to a pro with a porter cable, I may also pick up a porter cable and practice on a junkyard door, then repair will commence. Until then I just want the car to looks its best, and there are lots of very slight scrathes, only visible in the sun, or of course those ruthless florecent lights.

It is a brand new car, and dont want to have to go that abrasive to the clearcoat, until its neccesary.

On another note can I top some of the Souveran onto Zaino with good results?, I know Klasse is usually toped with something, any opinions on that.

Would you say a safe game plan would be use the PCL to hide some defects then Zaino wait 12 hours then top with Pinnacele Souveran, or should I put the zaino up for a bit, and just work with the Pinnacle for now. I am not overly concerned with durabilty, I am out there washing every week, and waxing 1x a month anyway.

BILL
10-24-2006, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't top Zaino with anything......

06VISTA
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Bill,

Is there a reason why?, is it just not condusive to top zaino? bad results, is it the fact that zaino is optically perfect and carnuba is not?

BILL
10-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Bill,

Is there a reason why?, is it just not condusive to top zaino? bad results, is it the fact that zaino is optically perfect and carnuba is not?

To me its the perfect look.......optically.........i really don't see a benefit of any carnuba over it....others will most certainly differ, just my observation:)

ScottB
10-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Is there a tool to measure optical purity ?? I have always wondered how a manufacturer can claim this without proof. How do you measure ?? Please tell.

BILL
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Is there a tool to measure optical purity ?? I have always wondered how a manufacturer can claim this without proof. How do you measure ?? Please tell.

There is no tool......Just ones own observation of what worked/works best for him/or her.....it's all in the eyes of the beholder....like i said before people will differ in there observation of whats optical clarity, I have seen in my eyes only that topping not only Zaino, but other sealers as well with a carnuba will mute the clarity that one seeks....i my self don't care for that plastic look, i prefer the warmth of a carnuba wax, but if you see clarity purity after any product you use and thats what one is seeking then i wouldn't my self put a softer carnuba as a topper:)