PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Power Clean vs. Meguiars APC+ ?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Optimum says you can safely use PC straight(no dilution) on tires, wheel wells, and wheels. I've never heard of anyone using APC+ non-diluted for anything. At the same dilution levels, lets say 4:1, with either of these clean better than the other?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Nevermind. Ordered Amazing Roll-Off for tires, wheel wells, and engines. :xyxthumbs:

Da Fats
04-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Can't wait to try the A R O i just ordered on these also

Emile
04-05-2010, 09:51 AM
OPC is more versatile than Meg's APC+ as it can be used on all exterior surfaces and all wheels, whereas Meg's APC isn't for paint and isn't for wheels.

APC offers higher dilution levels which makes it much more cost-effective, but OPC will replace more products on your shelf than APC will.

Bunky
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I think OPC straight is better than APC+ straight on cleaning tires.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
OPC is more versatile than Meg's APC+ as it can be used on all exterior surfaces and all wheels, whereas Meg's APC isn't for paint and isn't for wheels.

APC offers higher dilution levels which makes it much more cost-effective, but OPC will replace more products on your shelf than APC will.
I switched my order from ARO to Power clean. I like the idea that PC will clean my wheel wells and tires(I have a dedicated wheel cleaner), but I can also use it on painted surfaces! David from Optimum said I can even use PC straight on painted surfaces. That's very cool!

christian900se
04-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I love OPC as it can be used on anything from the tires and wheel wells to vinyl and leather on the interior of the car. I ordered a gallon based on all the positive reviews I found and am very glad I did; it cuts through dirt and grime like it is nothing and yet seems to be very safe as well.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I love OPC as it can be used on anything from the tires and wheel wells to vinyl and leather on the interior of the car. I ordered a gallon based on all the positive reviews I found and am very glad I did; it cuts through dirt and grime like it is nothing and yet seems to be very safe as well.
Awesome! Makes me feel good about my purchase. :xyxthumbs:

C. Charles Hahn
04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
If you haven't seen this video, you might want to check it out. This was posted on another forum by scottwax, showing him using OPC to remove latex paint from the side of a car:

http://www.youtube.com/v/sQhlUBfn2EY

Just goes to show how versatile it really is.