PDA

View Full Version : Megs Swirl X Application tips.

Boostedbalt
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Ok so im a bit of a noob. I have light to moderate swirls on my car and im tired of looking at them lol. I don't have access to a buffer so ill be doing it by hand. Im familiar with clay barring and proper washing methods. Obviously I should wash the car 1st and im assuming I should clay it after. What should I use to apply the Swirl X with? When im done with the Swirl X whats should I use after? I have tech wax, color x. Is this the correct order of application or am I missing something? Any other tips or hints would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Emile
04-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Apply SwirlX with a foam applicator pad. Work in a 2x2 section and just keep buffing with your hand until the product is broken down. It's going to take forever to do your entire car though, especially since you may have to make two or three passes on each section to get the correction you want. Your arm is also going to fall off but you will get some results.

Wash, clay, SwirlX, then NXT Tech Wax.

Bump
04-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I am in the middle of this process on my '86. But I used Meg. "Ultimate" not sure the difference between that and the "X"

I clayed and then went over the car with the ultimate by hand... Wouldnt do it again. Worth the $$ for a machine! I could only manage something the size of the hood (and its a small car!) before I needed a good break. Took me maybe 4 hours total (over the whole weekend) to polish the car. Just waxing left, but it did a good job restoring what it could of the 24 year old paint!

Boostedbalt
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I have a friend who may be getting a PC buffer so I think ill wait to either use his or just buy one haha.

Boostedbalt
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
If I do buy a PC buffer what pad(s) would you recommend for the application of the Swirl X and the NXT? Thanks again!

rohnramirez
04-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Orange and white for the swirl x, and a blue pad for the nxt