PDA

View Full Version : 5 1/2 in flat pads backing

Pages : [1] 2

thatick
04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Anyone having any issues with these? I got 3 new white ones that i just used once and the backing is already coming off after one wash.

Rsurfer
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Are those LC pads and how are you washing and drying them?

thatick
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah lake country, soaked in dp pad rejuv and hand washed, air dried, the arent even dry yet. backing is coming of all 3 new ones (white only). The other ones seem to be fine

Rsurfer
04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
yeah lake country, soaked in dp pad rejuv and hand washed, air dried, the arent even dry yet. backing is coming of all 3 new ones (white only). The other ones seem to be fine
Call Meghan in the morning...I'm sure she will make it right.

Mirror Detailing
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
i think the latest quality of pads from LC has been pretty poor. I bought 2 orange and white LC flat pads in the last month, and two of them are already destroyed. Each of them developed a huge dimple in the middle of the pad with the first car I used them on.

Rsurfer
04-04-2010, 05:17 PM
i think the latest quality of pads from LC has been pretty poor. I bought 2 orange and white LC flat pads in the last month, and two of them are already destroyed. Each of them developed a huge dimple in the middle of the pad with the first car I used them on.What machine were you using?

Fly bye
04-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I bought a boatload of assorted LC pads including the 5 1/2'' white pads several years back.

I have yet to completely destroy any of them yet. They take a licking, & keep on ticking :xyxthumbs:

If all 3 are delaminating, then it does not sound like a user issue, but that of a product quality issue. Prolly a bad batch off of the assembly line.

AG will correct this :dblthumb2:

thatick
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
yeah im thinking its just a bad batch because its all 4 white pads that i bought the other 14 pads of various colors are fine. As well as all the other LC pads ive bought outside of a couple hydro ones. These white pads, the backing is literally just peeling all the way around. Ill contact AG in the morning.

5.4 Shelby
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM
There is a thread about this that is lengthy. Dont remember the title.

I had trouble with the dimple in the middle like Mirror had. In that case it was 6.5in CCS orange. I toasted 3 of them. I started cleaning more frequently and changing pads often. Either that fixed it or the replacement pads dont have the problem.

I just ordered a 6 pack of 5.5 flats. I hope they don't have the problem.

Mirror Detailing
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
what machine were you using?

gg da

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-04-2010, 11:25 PM
You are guys are putting too much pressure on the pad with the da and creating excessive heat which in turn loosens the glue. This also causes the dimple in the pads. If you need to use that much pressure either move up to something more aggressive in product or learn how to use a rotary.

Da Fats
04-05-2010, 03:14 AM
I actually had this problem also with the dimple with my orange pads... but not the unglued backing.

I had issues with minor ticks left after my 2nd pass with white pads and ssr1. I did manage to correct my technique by applying more pressure (enough to slow the pad spinning by about 50% - 75%) and got absolutely stunning results. I previously thought this was to much pressure.

Dana does this sound like to much pressure? I'd hate to keep chewing through pads but I can't deny it finished out better then any of my previous jobs.

I also am considering switchign to Hydrotech pads for the increased firmness hoping to be able to back off on the pressure and get the same results (just waiting for the new ones being tested to go up on AG). Does this sound reasonable or is my logic flawed?

thatick
04-05-2010, 09:23 AM
i dont think my glue problem came from to much pressure, i dont use much pressure at all. I think mine are just a bad batch since it was only the white ones that are coming unglued

Fly bye
04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
You are guys are putting too much pressure on the pad with the da and creating excessive heat which in turn loosens the glue.

I have never had a pad delaminate. I have had chunks of foam fall of off pads, I've seen the infamous dimple that is spoken of, I have actually had a pad cut by the backing plate around the circumference, the same exact size of the backing plate from excessive use, force/heat, and I have never had a pad delaminate.

The OP has used the pads one bloody time, and have delaminated. On the other hand, I have 4-5 pads that have been used to the fullest extent possible, were used very hard, and have NOT delaminated. The OP' pads are clearly defective.

gewb
04-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Hmmm, I have three 5.5" white pads delivered in January that I haven't used yet - hope they will be OK as it's way too late to exchange.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep a close watch on them as I use them next month!

Regards,
GEWB