PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for cleaners/dressing, please

sportscarhiatus
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Folks... could you please help me out with what you recommend as the best products for below?

1) Tire dressing - I was looking for the product that requires 1 to 2 applications for max gloss. But, it needs to have highest resilience to spin off!!! I hate spin off. I used WG tire gel, though it works great, it still spins off to some degree. Anything out there that's better than that?

2) Tire/Wheel well cleaner - What do you recommend for scrubbing the tires? I am hoping for something that I can spray on, let sit a bit, then scrub. Less scrub the better obviously ;) something I can hose off?

3) Engine bay dressing (i.e. anything plastic or rubber in the engine bay) - I heard 303 Aerospace protectant? Anything else? I've had good luck with 3M leather/vinyl cleaner...

Thanks in advance!

snowking724
04-04-2010, 10:37 AM
i get no sling with megs high endurance or dp tire gel,they both leave quite the shine and cover well. megs apc+ cleans the tires and wheels very well with just a bit of scrubbing.

Shane731
04-04-2010, 02:04 PM
(1) Meguiar's Endurance tire gel is very good. Haven't had any problems with sling. If you want to leave it high gloss (meaning not wiping off the tire to remove possible excess), leave it sit for a while and you will be fine.

(2) Lots of options here. Personally, I'd go with Meguiar's APC/APC+ or Super Degreaser. You can dilute them to your needed strength of cleaner, and they're economical. Less than $20 for a gallon of concentrate.

(3) Meguiar's Hyper Dressing is commonly used in engine bays, and again, you can dilute it to your desired level of gloss.

ScottB
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
1. Poorboys Bright/Bold
2. Amazing Roll-Off
3. 303 Protectant

Old Tiger
04-04-2010, 06:11 PM
1. Poorboys Bright/Bold
2. Amazing Roll-Off
3. 303 Protectant

I have no experience with #1. I use Opti Bond which yields a great satin finish and never slings on me. I absolutely agree with # 2 & 3. ARO is ...well, amazing and 303 is my choice for engine bays and all things rubber.

sportscarhiatus
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
thanks everyone! I went ahead and placed an order tonight to take advantage of the free shipping! I ordered Poorboys, Megs APC+ also ARO, and 303. Thanks guys. That's why I love this forum. So many expert opinions I can trust. I will let you know how it all works out.