PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Plate Tool Box protection??

Sellncars
04-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey everyone,

Well the tool box looked pretty bad after 3 years, so out came the flitz that i have owned for 3 years and never used. Power ball mini worked great but after a while it started to eat away, so out came the rotary and wool pads, the box cleaned up quite nice, not perfect but doable. What is the best thing to use for protection? Wax, Paint sealant, just the Polish? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sellncars

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone,

Well the tool box looked pretty bad after 3 years, so out came the flitz that i have owned for 3 years and never used. Power ball mini worked great but after a while it started to eat away, so out came the rotary and wool pads, the box cleaned up quite nice, not perfect but doable. What is the best thing to use for protection? Wax, Paint sealant, just the Polish? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sellncars

A good wax or paint sealant would be better than nothing... there a metal polishes that offer a protective coating, there's a dedicated metal sealant in the Wolfgang Line...

Wolfgang MetallWerk™ Concours Metal Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-all-metal-sealant.html)

:)