PDA

View Full Version : What to start with...

Quailer
04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm in centreville Va. I need a look see for my 99 T/A. Water marks, mildew ect. Major crud. I noticed D&D in nova but he might be stacked. Need a place to start. A plan.Feed back please

tuscarora dave
04-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Aaaah, Welcome to AG. A good place to start would be to post some pics of what you are dealing with and get some recommendations as to what to use. Are you saying you are looking for a detailer or are you wanting to learn how to fix up your car yourself?

BobbyG
04-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Aaaah, Welcome to AG. A good place to start would be to post some pics of what you are dealing with and get some recommendations as to what to use. Are you saying you are looking for a detailer or are you wanting to learn how to fix up your car yourself?

I agree, we need just a bit more to go on to properly help you..

Bump
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
theres a TON of great info in here. I did a ton of searching and watching the how to videos before I started.

I am working with an 86 Fiero GT with 112k on the clock. I am the third owner. the first driver used it as a weekend warrior for the first 16 year and maintained it immaculately. The last owner had it for 8 years as a daily driver, and maintained it great mechanically and ok cosmetically for the past 8 years. Over all it has been taken very good car of for a 24 year old car! Everything is original as is the paint. There are obviously some chips and such that wont come out, but heres the plan Im using.
-Heavy detailed wash
-Clay (was my first time claying and I was amazed at the process and results!)
-polish (using Meguiars Ultimate)
-Wax (using Mequiars Gold class)
-Maintain (using Meguiars detailing spray)

I am only about 2/3 done in the polishing process and I will get some pics when Im done. I'm doing it all by hand so its taking longer because all the panels are fiberglass and I was scared to wreck them with a power polisher.

Want to see pics!!

Good luck!

Quailer
04-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I hear ya.. I need someone in the biz end of it. I also need to post better. Went to 101 also. Intro here question there. Better next time or the next. Thought D&D {Dan} wud be the place to start. Had a peek at his website. Left a message. As for pics I'll post better first.heh..heh :buffing: Thanx for the quick replies.