PDA

View Full Version : New to this Forum

rowdymax
04-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi from NJ...21 years detailing experience professionally and 8 years of still doing my own vehicles...Looking for new products..When I started, we used old heavy Craftsman buffers with compound and liquid ebony...Lacquer and Imron were the paints of the day..Now the advanced paints and clears allow for better and easier products and polishers...No microfiber, claybars, spray waxes, etc...The closest product to spray wax was a product called Magic Mist...Rare to find sealers back then either, mostly high concentration of carnauba...Recently purchased Porter cable polisher which is great for the consumer with no damage to paint with the DA action...I have a 2006 Corvette C6 convertible...
Looking forward to all the new products...

Scott

JohnnyC
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi from NJ...21 years detailing experience professionally and 8 years of still doing my own vehicles...Looking for new products..When I started, we used old heavy Craftsman buffers with compound and liquid ebony...Lacquer and Imron were the paints of the day..Now the advanced paints and clears allow for better and easier products and polishers...No microfiber, claybars, spray waxes, etc...The closest product to spray wax was a product called Magic Mist...Rare to find sealers back then either, mostly high concentration of carnauba...Recently purchased Porter cable polisher which is great for the consumer with no damage to paint with the DA action...I have a 2006 Corvette C6 convertible...
Looking forward to all the new products...

Scott

Hi from NJ Welcome to AutoGeek it's a great place for all your detailing needs:buffing: