PDA

View Full Version : wheel cleaners

Pages : [1] 2

snowking724
04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
i cleaned my wheels today,inside and out, with megs all wheel cleaner and it did a good job but on the backside there was still some gunk left. are the wg,pinnacle and other brands sold on AG that much better or is it an elbow grease prob,i scrubbed pretty good for awhile.

Jenn1270
04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
i cleaned my wheels today,inside and out, with megs all wheel cleaner and it did a good job but on the backside there was still some gunk left. are the wg,pinnacle and other brands sold on AG that much better or is it an elbow grease prob,i scrubbed pretty good for awhile.

I picked up some megs all wheel cleaner the other day and wasn't thrilled with the results. Alot of folks have recommended amazing roll off. I have some DP tire cleaning gel I am going to try next.

Jenn

DARK HORSE
04-03-2010, 06:26 PM
If they are real dirty or gunky ARO (Amazing Roll Off) is truly amazing!! You will be amazed!!

CEE DOG
04-03-2010, 06:57 PM
ARO - I use this on serious messes/gunk but be carefull depending on your wheels
Like Tad said... It's amazing!
Amazing Roll-Off Spray it on and watch the dirt roll off! (http://www.autogeek.net/amazingrolloff.html)

P21S Gel - Haven't used it but people love it. - P21S WHEEL CLEANERS gel and regular (http://www.autogeek.net/p2wheelclean.html)

Griots wheel cleaner-I use this on Skybaby's wheel regularly.
Griot's Garage Wheel Cleaner, Griots Garage Wheel Cleaner, wheel cleaning (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-wheel-cleaner.html)

snowking724
04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
think i'll give it a shot on my next order,not doing the wheel off clean again for awhile. thanks to all for the info, megs is the only dedicated wheel cleaner i've used and just wasn't sure if there was a big difference from the other products.

O.C.Detailing
04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Meg's Wheel Brightener does wonders as well, but I want to get my hands on some ARO and P21S wheel gel due to the reviews I've been reading about those 2 products. ;)

Rsurfer
04-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Meg's Wheel Brightener does wonders as well, but I want to get my hands on some ARO and P21S wheel gel due to the reviews I've been reading about those 2 products. ;)Adam, ARO and P21S is nowhere as strong as MWB. They are both good for dirty wheels, but not neglected wheels.

CEE DOG
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Adam, ARO and P21S is nowhere as strong as MWB. They are both good for dirty wheels, but not neglected wheels.

Thanks for the info Ron. You peaked my interest so I looked up MWB as maybe the wheel cleaner I'll try next. It does say do not use for polished aluminum or anodized wheels.

Great price!

One more thing I read in the reviews section from somebody named Thomas:

While this product may be effective, it contains Ammonium Bifluoride which can have serious long term effects on your health. Please read up on this chemical before you consider using, e.g. here: Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media (http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6631269) .
There are so many safe and effective alternatives today.

markm
04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
If they are real dirty or gunky ARO (Amazing Roll Off) is truly amazing!! You will be amazed!!
The directions are not clear on the product. Do you use it full strength or dilute it, or does it depend on what you are using it for.?
Mark

CEE DOG
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
The directions are not clear on the product. Do you use it full strength or dilute it, or does it depend on what you are using it for.?
Mark

I have used it straigth on wheels. Here are the following directions on the bottle

Directions on bottle: For all painted surfaces such as wooden hulls, auto bodies, etc. use 1 cup per 5 gallons of water. To be safe experiment with small area first.

Thoroughly wet surface to be cleaned.
Spray ARO directly on dirt spots and stains then spread over entire surface. For tought stains wait 1-3 minutes then scrub with pad or brush. A small amount covers a large area. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water. Surfaces will retain a sparkling shine, resistant to dirt and stain.

BobbyG
04-04-2010, 06:49 AM
I've been using Meguiar's Hot Rims for a couple of years now and like how it performs. This is my story and I'm sticking with it!

ScottB
04-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Megs Wheel Brightner and Poorboys Spray/Rinse Wheel Cleaner are about the two strongest wheel cleaners offered.

snowking724
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
i think i might try the aro and/or the poorboys cause i don't think i need a full gallon of the hd cleaner. thanks again and i'll keep you posted on the results.

elk42
04-04-2010, 11:54 AM
i have PB Spray and Rinse and like it alot. just wet the wheel when its cool and let it sit for a few to several minutes. hose off. if you have stubborn stains, agitate with an EZ detail brush. works very well. watch the back spray when using the brush. i stand off to the side and work the brush slowly.

dmxsoulja3
04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I too have been searching for an alternative to Eagle One All wheel cleaner which worked well for me, I bought some Megs APC+ for various tasks, quick carpet clean up, interiors, engine bays, etc... 4:1 on rims knocked off brake dust and grime and brown stuff on tires with no sweat, I diluted 4:1 in a 32oz bottle, bottle was down to about 1/4 left, I filled it back up again with water, and it still cleaned brake dust off, Gf's brother drives an expedition that probably got its last wash when it came off the assembly line, easily two years of stuff on the tires and rims, it cleaned it off and the white letters were white again with just spray, soak, and 1500 psi pressure washer..at only 15 bucks a gallon and the dilution rate, i'll be using it for everything I can. Not to mention a pre soak of 10:1 on bugs smashed on the front of the car led to no scrubbing just pressure washer..I was hooked.