PDA

View Full Version : Took mike philips advise!!!

trhland
04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
after putting on a nice coat of wax . i used to remove it by rubbing a microfiber towel over the area like crazy fast... and today i finally took my time and slowly rubed the area very easy with light pressure. and the results are a lot better.. and now im leaving a better wax layer on the paint. by rubbing it hard and fast . your removing most of the lsp.. not good .. just wanted to thank you mike for your great tips!!!!!:xyxthumbs:

agpatel
04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
slow and steady wins the race, in this case slow and steady wins best in show haha.

I have always used the minimum pressure needed and slow passes in wiping off wax.

But, umm...where the pics? :)

A4 1.8tqm
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Nice, everyone likes better results! So did you "break the wax open" and then "take small bites" out of the wax, like Mike has shown in a video or two?

trhland
04-03-2010, 04:19 PM
just a couple swipes with an applicator pad perpanel.. and i didnt post pics because in my gallery ive posted pics of truck waxed a few times.. so really no sense posting more there all going to look the same really ..sorry.. plus im to lazy to post pics latleyIm the MAN

the_invisible
04-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Whoah, you must be rubbing very hard previously to taking on this advice! I hope you don't clean your skin with that kind of pressure ;)

By the way, I am not an advocate of high-end waxes. But I do use expensive waxes and I find that most of the really expensive waxes require less effort to remove.

Cheap waxes are often very hard to remove, rendering them relatively useless after being wiped hard.

trhland
04-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Whoah, you must be rubbing very hard previously to taking on this advice! I hope you don't clean your skin with that kind of pressure ;)
not REALLy hard jusy fast and maybe a little tomuch presure. but have to remember microfibers remove everything. so a light wipe is only needed . then i go back a few minute later and hit the panel again very easy....